Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vivia12 Posts: 143, Reputation: 15

Feb 25, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Unavailable guy disappeared should I contact,or forget it
    Hello Everyone,

I know its been awhile but I promised myself not to post anymore on this person and also not to expand more time and energy. If you read my previous numerous posts on the subject,I opted for so-called friendship with a guy who not only rejected me,been a real jerk about it,sometimes would speak for a week and disappeared the next,now I believed he finally did ditch me,I haven't heard from him in a month now.
    It was an LDr thing,didn't work out at all, he found someone else, I accepted in being friends as he suggested,which we always were and all I really have gotten is crumbs,communication on only his terms,meaning if he doesn't feel like talking to me he won't answer or reply to my e-mails but when he needs to talk I'm always there-stupid me.
    For the first time last month we have been speaking consistently,nothing special,just as friends,and the last time we spoke, we talked about current events,also for the first time I had to end the conversation,-in which he usually does because I was out with friends in a bookstore. We did talk for a 35 minutes when he called,then he said let me know when we can speak again. I e-mailed him the next day, he never responded,now its almost the end of the month. I always knew he was a jerk,but not that much of a jerk that he would after all this time blow me off for good.

I am fighting the urge to contact him and ask what's up but giving his history for short disapearances,(not a month like this is)should I just leave it alone for good? It really just eats me up inside,its not enough that I accepted his one-sided friendship but then this. I haven't contacted him after the first email.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 02:21 PM

This time you turn the tables on him and disappear from his life.

With friends like him,you don't need enemies.

He is a jerk,not a friend.

No more contact,ever, is my advice.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 02:52 PM
    Hi Vivia,

I guess what I'd first say to you is that friendships are about reciprocity. What do you actually get from a friendship with him? He seems to get 35 minutes of your time when he wants it (when you're out with other friends what's more), but what do you get in return? Sweet FA, it seems.

So what's the problem with ditching him? Why does he get under your skin so much that you feel the need to talk to him for 35 minutes when you're out with other friends, and then you feel disturbed, irritated and hurt when you don't hear from him again?

You don't need to ACCEPT a one-sided friendship (and his meager crumbs) - you really don't! In the end, as you can patently see, you don't actually get anything for it. Except angst.

You're a smart girl, you know what you have to do. But, it would be good if you could give some thought as to why him blowing you off like this disturbs you so much...

You know he's an insensitive jerk you've always known it - so why do you give him the time of day?

Gem
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 25, 2010, 02:58 PM

Next time he calls, just make static noises in to the phone, say ohh no, I am losing you, then hang up. And move on.
    You're a gorgeous lady and there is many good guys out there!

Feb 25, 2010, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Hi Vivia,

I guess what I'd first say to you is that friendships are about reciprocity. What do you actually get from a friendship with him? He seems to get 35 minutes of your time when he wants it (when you're out with other friends what's more), but what do you get in return? Sweet FA, it seems.

So what's the problem with ditching him? Why does he get under your skin so much that you feel the need to talk to him for 35 mins when you're out with other friends, and then you feel disturbed, irritated and hurt when you don't hear from him again?

You don't need to ACCEPT a one-sided friendship (and his meager crumbs) - you really don't! In the end, as you can patently see, you don't actually get anything for it. Except angst.

You're a smart girl, you know what you have to do. But, it would be good if you could give some thought as to why him blowing you off like this disturbs you so much....

You know he's an insensitive jerk you've always known it - so why do you give him the time of day??

Gem
    Hi, Gemini,Amicon and Dyno-guy

Thanks Dyno for the compliment,Yes its disturbs me because I really didn't deserve him blowing me off like that,I felt like after all his crumbs,yes its my fault for sticking around for that,and hoping he turn back into the decent caring human being I thought he was. Its like its not enough for him to use and reject me as well as control the communications,friendhip or what have you,and all this time,if you can see my first post he's actually going to totally blow me off?
    I realize that there is no way I am going to communicate to him after this,like the first poster's advice,he certainly have people that matter to him and I obviously don't,-only if or when he needs a shoulder to cry on.

It just bothers me that's all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 04:18 PM
    Never ever make someone a priority in your life, when you are an option in theirs.

Disappear from his life, as of now, and ignore him forever more.

Problem solved, no if, ands, or butts!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 04:29 PM

Hey Vivia

2 years on and your still letting this guy dictate your feelings ? You know it's wrong but you keep allowing it , time to give him the punt and stop answering when he feels the need to talk to you , and he'll keep doing it because you keep allowing it.

Feb 25, 2010, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Hey Vivia

2 years on and your still letting this guy dictate your feelings ? You know it's wrong but you keep allowing it , time to give him the punt and stop answering when he feels the need to talk to you , and he'll keep doing it because you keep allowing it.

Wait this isn't my current thread,its called unavailable guy disappeared,which he did,I thought I t was in the relationship section.

Ok I got it,my thread was merged,that's good, I feel bad always posting about the same jerk,I am aware of that,thanks tal and friend!

I am willing now to finally not ever deal with this jerk again,I would like to have peace and happiness in my life,not misery dealing with an ambivalent jerk who sure wouldn't treat people he did care about in this fashion,I just needed to tell you a'll what's going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Difficult situation with unavailable guy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've been dating a guy since early March. The backstory is that the night we first decided to go to bed together, he told me he was seeing another woman, and she is married. She has no intention of leaving her husband, but this guy I'm dating claims he's in love with her even though their...

Unavailable software [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sony handycam dcr hc 40E but the picture package software has been corrupted. Can I get download the software from somewhere directly

How do I cope with dad leaving after 14 yrs and has now disappeared? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 14 yrs old. I just recently met my mom after her being gone for almost 11 yrs with out contacting. And secret about him molesting me for as long as I can remember was revealed when coming down with my dad to finally meet her. And he was sent to a hotel and was supposed to wait until the...

Toolbar disappeared [ 1 Answers ]

Like Helen Chapman, my toolbar moved to the right, then to the top and now it is gone. I tried the drag and drop, but messed up. I'm using windows 98

Want to contact a guy but uncertain [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am currently doing this course over the past 3 months. At the beginning of the course I met this guy and we just connected or clicked as one might say, it was lovely. Towards the end of the evening we accidentally met each other and he wanted to walk with me to the station however...

View more questions Search