Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MandyMarieLove Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 26, 2010, 03:04 PM
    What Watt Heater Should I Get For My Turtle Tank? :D
    I was just looking up on eBay for a heater for my turtles tank, so what watt heater do you believe I should get.. and is there a recommended brand? Thanks to all that help!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2010, 03:07 PM

You go by how large/small the tank is that your turtle is in now. Smaller tank needs less wattage. Also you want to be sure not to "cook" your turtle in his tank! Best idea would be to visit your local pet store and see what they have. Then quiz the pet store about this. Then compare prices on Ebay and buy from whoever is cheaper. Look also to see what the pet store is using in their turtle tanks as well to get a better idea. Reptiles need to be kept at a certain temp or they tend to hibernate or outright die.
    ckvietok Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 03:51 PM
    It depends on what type of turtle you're getting! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Use 100 watt in 75 watt lamp [ 1 Answers ]

I want to put in those curley environmentally friendly bulbs into my lamp. The bulb is 100 watts, the lamp is probably 75 (I've always used 75 but can't find the requirement Written anywhere anymore). Am I risking a fire?

Thermostat for 240V, 5000 Watt electric space heater [ 6 Answers ]

I have a garage electric heater (without thermostat) which I want to wire to a thermostat. The heater is rated 240 volt, 5000 Watt. First, can you suggest any particular thermostat that will handle this line load (I've only been able to find ones that handle up to approx. 3800 Watts) and, lastly,...

Can I use 3500 watt water heater elements to replace 3800 watts? [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't actually pulled the elements yet but the tag on the water heater shows elements rated at 3800 watts. The ones readily available at the local big box are even numbered, 3500, 4500,5500. Can I use the 3500 watt rated elements to replace elements in this water heater?

Need a 220v +4000 heater watt heater [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find a 220v wall mounted or stand heater that pushes more than 4000 heater watts for my parents small home. Ive looked all over. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please! Thank you

VFK484, Berko Wall Heater, 4800 Watt, 240 Volt, High Capacity, with Built-in t'stat [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased this Berko VFK 484 Wall heater. The specs are here: http://thermalinc.com/comfort/PDFs/vfk.pdf I have a double pole 20 amp circuit. I have 12 2 wire which I will use the black and white both as hot wires for the 240 volt connection. To achieve 240 volt connection, how...

View more questions Search