Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    n0nickrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Trane xr90
    I have a Trane XR90 furnace that, since the day it was installed blows nothing but cool air. I have had the technician out several times and all I get is, "well these ultra efficient furnaces don't put out heat like the old ones did" In the mean time I am running this thing way more then my old one so any 'savings' is long gone.

I googled my furnace and say something about a limit switch may be bad, but I see nothing blinking 4 times at me. The one LED on the front is blinking steadily, not in any sequence. I had a humidifier added on during installation but that seldom kicks on. There is an air conditioner but the coils and all are outside, it was added the next year.

Still, shouldn't I expect a furnace to HEAT a house? Its only an 860 square foot home, not even multi-story. I'm ready to chuck this thing and pissed that Ive wasted so much money to stay cold. The only thing heating up here is my temper lol.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 08:55 AM
    You need to contact A REAL PROFESSIONAL who is local to you and have them look over your system. There are many utems that could be causing your problem and a over size furnace is one of them.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by n0nickrick View Post
    I have a Trane XR90 furnace that, since the day it was installed blows nothing but cool air. I have had the technician out several times and all I get is, "well these ultra efficient furnaces don't put out heat like the old ones did" In the mean time I am running this thing way more then my old one so any 'savings' is long gone.

I googled my furnace and say something about a limit switch may be bad, but I see nothing blinking 4 times at me. The one LED on the front is blinking steadily, not in any sequence. I had a humidifier added on during installation but that seldom kicks on. Their is an air conditioner but the coils and all are outside, it was added the next year.

Still, shouldn't I expect a furnace to HEAT a house? Its only an 860 square foot home, not even multi-story. I'm ready to chuck this thing and pissed that Ive wasted so much money to stay cold. The only thing heating up here is my temper lol.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Above

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a trane 900 series thermostat to a trane XL13i heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

How to wire a trane 900 series thermostat to a five wire XL13i heat pump system.

Trane XL20i heat pump requires Trane 900 series thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the use of Trane's 900 series thermostat or if a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat can be used.

Trane XR90 - Heat and blower not kicking on [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR90 gas furnace that is about 5 years old and a honeywell 5/2 programmable thermostat, same age (sorry, don't have model #). When thermostat is set to eitherh heat or cool and temperature is raised or lowered beyond room temp, the furnace will not kick on (neither the temp nor the...

View more questions Search