Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jilee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 07:41 AM
    What form can I use for an ex parte request.
    Hi,

I need to fill out an ex parte request for a judge to sign an order. Although it's been discussed in court many times, motions have included insurance company letter detailing amounts, pay stubs have been filed and my ex has paid money in open court towards insurance for minor children, the District Attorney will not honor any of this unless the EXACT amount due from my ex husband is stated in a signed order. A clerk suggested that I file an ex parte request along with an order in the hopes that the Judge will review my file and sign the order. If he will not, we will have to start over and go back to court once again. I am unable to find an ex parte form that isn't specific to an order shortening time or for emergency custody issues. How to I properly file this?

Thanks for any help
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilee View Post
    Hi,

I need to fill out an ex parte request for a judge to sign an order. Although it's been discussed in court many times, motions have included insurance company letter detailing amounts, pay stubs have been filed and my ex has paid money in open court towards insurance for minor children, the District Attorney will not honor any of this unless the EXACT amount due from my ex husband is stated in a signed order. A clerk suggested that I file an ex parte request along with an order in the hopes that the Judge will review my file and sign the order. If he will not, we will have to start over and go back to court once again. I am unable to find an ex parte form that isn't specific to an order shortening time or for emergency custody issues. How to I properly file this?

Thanks for any help
    I don't understand why you're trying to do this ex parte. Honestly, I don't think you're even able to do it that way. You can't request money for something without notifying the other party.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Does your ex owe you money for medical bills for the children? Do you want him to obtain insurance for the children? You said it's "been discussed in court many times" but I don't know what it is that you're discussing.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 08:04 AM

While technically "ex parte" means no notice is being given to the opposition, in this case by ex parte I suspect the clerk really means some sort of motion which doesn't require a hearing. In some places courts won't do anything without a hearing.

Jilee, you are going to have to adapt elements of a form and make up your own. Maybe calling it "Ex parte motion for (whatever) With Notice to Opposing Counsel". Oxymoronic, admittedly, but for some pea-brained judges (who insist on a hearing for everything), the "moronic" is appropriate.

You might also want to move that your principal motion be decided on an expedited basis, so that the court doesn't have to wait the full 20 days (or whatever) for opposing counsel to file a response, and an additional period for you to file a reply to that response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Form should I use too request a motion to aside aside a default [ 14 Answers ]

In short, I was served divorce papers. I should have responded within 30 days but I didn't. It was suggested that I now need to file two different forms; 1. Response to the petition (FL120) 2. Motion too set aside default. Cant' find this form. Anyone know the exact name and FL number? I'm...

I need form to request trial in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I need a form to request trial in Florida. The attorney for the defendant in a nursing home case lied and tried to bar my witness from testifying under oath and a court reporter

Is there a form you fill out to request charges be dropped in Maryland? [ 2 Answers ]

I was told that there is a form that can be filled out and filed with the State Attorney's office requesting that charges be dropped. The charge is second degree assault. Spouse already said they will not testify against spouse. From what I heard this form is filled out and this state prosecutor...

Extesion request form 4868 with no ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning to file an extension for tax this year. I have a SSN and need to file for ITIN for my spouse. I understand that for federal tax extension, I can write "ITIN to be requested" in place of my spouse SSN on form 4868 and send W7 with my original return later. I was wondering if that...

View more questions Search