Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhy68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Whirlpool Washer Spin
    I have a whirlpool washer that will not go into final spin.
    You have to manual turn the tub clockwise about two turns,
    Re-set the switch to final spin, close the lib, then it will go into final spin.
    What is the problem or do I need to replace the switch.

Thank YOu;
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 27, 2006, 04:34 PM
    "re-set the switch to final spin, close the lib,"

When did you open the lid? The lid must be closed for it to go into spin.

If the lid is closed, then Im still not leaning towards the lid switch, as it is apparently going into its first spin. Based on what you said, Im kind of leaning towards the timer, but check that lid switch first.
    John Townsend Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 06:39 AM
    My whirlpool washer will not go into spin cycle on any of the settings. I have tried keeping the lid open and using a emall srew driver to engage the lid switch. Is it time to but a new washer?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Check the coupler between the motor and the transmission

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Washer doesn't spin fast [ 14 Answers ]

Had trouble with spin cycle on Whirlpool Ultimate Care Washing Machine. Lid switch was bad so we replaced it. Worked fine for several weeks. Now, washer will spin slowly during spin cycle and empty most of water in tub. Tub will not spin at fast speed & some water is left in the machine. Can you...

Whirlpool washer agitates but will not spin! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool washing machine Model LSR8244EQ1 Heave Duty Super Capacity Plus Imperial 8 cycle / 2 speed The washer fills and agitates but when it comes time to spin, it does not spin. I checked to make sure no clothes were wrapped around the agitator but the agitator moves freely. I...

Whirlpool washer won't agitate or spin [ 6 Answers ]

This machine is probably about 10 years old. It is a direct drive. The washer will fill and drain but when it tries to agitate or spin I hear a grinding and clicking sound coming from the bottom of the washer. I cannot turn the agitator by hand. Would this be a problem with the motor, or...

Whirlpool Washer LA7800XT does not spin or agitate [ 0 Answers ]

Hello. I have a Whirlpool washer (model LA7800XT) that does not agitate or spin but does everything else fine. It is 16 years old but only used once or twice a month and the innard components appear to be in good shape if that's any relevant. I'm trying to diagnose the electrical components...

Whirlpool washer won't spin all the time [ 1 Answers ]

It goes through the wash cycle and won't spin.then at times it goes through the wash cycle and spins just fine.please help

View more questions Search