Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Feb 25, 2010, 08:43 PM
    Is using Cabos Free Download legal?
    Hi there,
    I heard about Cabos Free Download for free music and file sharing. Is this OK to use? Is it legal?

I then checked on YouTube and there are several ways of downloading "free" music into iTunes library. (using FrostWire and LimeWire) Are these OK?

Thanks...
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 26, 2010, 02:40 PM

This differs from nation to nation here in the US it is illegal to upload copyrighted material without consent from the copyright holder. File sharing and bit torrent programs typically let others download from you while you down load from them. So in the US the downloading from others is not a no no however the letting them download from you is.

This community dose not condone illegal activity. I do not speak for this community I am only passing on information I have read here earlier.
    Now for My opinions
    Though the downloading of copyrighted material by some methods may not be illegal it is self, you are still stealing something of value from the copyright holder usually an artist or performer you like. This is not the way to show support. Illegal downloading puts you at risk, causes a loss of earnings for the artist and allows organizations like the RIAA to thrive and threaten the freedom of use and expression available on the internet. Buy the music.

Feb 27, 2010, 10:39 AM
    Thanks CMeeks for the reply!
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 01:42 PM

Any country that participates in the international copyright agreement will usually frown upon transferring any kind of copyrighted material without monetary gain. The program limewire, frostwire, or even cabos, are perfectly legal; however have the ability to be involved in illegal activities. There are legal ways to download music for free, they just have to be under common licenses. Check out MP3.com

LimeWire allows you select only freeware based downloads.

Good Luck.

Mar 2, 2010, 12:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    Any country that participates in the international copyright agreement will usually frown upon transferring any kind of copyrighted material without monetary gain. The program limewire, frostwire, or even cabos, are perfectly legal; however have the ability to be involved in illegal activities. There are legal ways to download music for free, they just have to be under common licenses. Check out MP3.com

LimeWire allows you select only freeware based downloads.

Good Luck.
    Thank you for responding!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free download [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can anyone suggest a FREE VIRUS FREE download of a good graphic editor

Los Cabos Restaurants [ 5 Answers ]

We are traveling to Los Cabos and staying at an all-inclusive. But, a lot of reviews are telling us that if you don't get into the reserved restaurants, adventure elsewhere - because the buffets and snack shack get boring. Any suggestions? Never been to Mexico before. Thank you :)

Download music free [ 2 Answers ]

I want to download music but they want a credit card are they any real free site

Free download [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: free download FLV software...

Software download site. Is it legal? [ 4 Answers ]

Looks to me like a software version of Limewire - or the old Napster: http://www.fullsoftwaredownload.com/ I've never understood how Limewire can get away with what they're doing, but there they are, offering the connection for people to "share" so much stuff. Bottom line: would I be...

View more questions Search