Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerryAR Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 02:19 PM
    Lower left abdominal aches
    I had a miscarrage at 5 weeks almost 2 months ago. I did not have a dnc as DR said it was a natural miscarrage. Since then I have had on/off dull abdominal aching. It stopped aching completely during my period and now its come back again but more uncomfortable. I can't figure out where the pain is, Im making an appointment to see DR this week but am unsure what is going on, any one recognise these symptoms? Very worried x
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 27, 2006, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryAR
    I had a miscarrage at 5 weeks almost 2 months ago. I did not have a dnc as DR said it was a natural miscarrage. Since then I have had on/off dull abdominal aching. It stopped aching completly during my period and now its come back again but more uncomfortable. I can't figure out where the pain is, Im making an appointment to see DR this week but am unsure what is going on, any one recognise these symptoms? Very worried x

Be sure to keep that appointment since he is best qualified to give you a definitive answer.
    In any case, here is one possibility.

Lower left abdominal pain could be the colon.
    The colon reacts to stress and it could be that the stress of the miscarriage could be causing the colon to contract.

Excerpt
    Lower left abdomen
    Pain here most often suggests a problem in the lower colon, where food waste is expelled. Possible causes include inflammatory bowel disease or an infection in the colon known as diverticulitis.

By Mayo Clinic Staff

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKX...l-pain/DG00013

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKT...ges/36468.html

BTW
    It comes and goes but I have lived with lower left abdominal pain for forty years and am still kicking like a young buck! Was diagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome. : )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in lower left abdomen [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pains in my lower left abdomen where my ovaries are. When I sit down, walk, have sex, even move wrong. What could cause this?

Lower Abdominal Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months. Last month my husband and I had sex the day before and day of ovulation. The following few weeks I was feeling really nauseous and was sure that I was pregnant, however, I got my period exactly on day 29 as usual. I still did not...

Abdominal Pain! Help! [ 4 Answers ]

I know this may sound gross but please bare with me... I have pain in my abdominum when I have intercourse, when I have bowel movements, when I urinate, and when I have gas... it really hurts now and I don't think I can ignore it. I don't have insurance to go to the doctor that is why I came...

Stomach aches [ 1 Answers ]

My 10 year old son has been complaining of a stomach ache. It started in the upper right area and moved to lower right and now this morning when he got up, it seems more central. He has complained before this on several occasions but it just went away. It has been a constant pain which gets...

Pain in lower left groin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am 22 years old and have never had a regular period. I can't even remember the last time I had a natural period. But my concern at this moment is that I have a pain on my lower left groin area that I have had for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting worse. Its kindof...

View more questions Search