Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkshult Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Are we dating or bf/gf?
    I met this girl some months ago at a bar during country night and a mutual friend casually introduced us. As time went on and we continually saw each other every week during country night, and we would talk more and more. Not until a week ago (last wednesday) me and her went out "casually" to another bar and had drinks and to be honest it felt like an unofficial date. Then on Sunday night she came over to my apartment to have dinner and watch some t.v. she ended up staying the night and we laid in bed with each other until for the next afternoon.

So the following day on Tuesday I had to go work at night (I bounce at a bar that hosts country night) and her friend came up to me and told me that she heard me and her are dating. I guess it caught me off guard when she said that as I just thought we were just "seeing" each other not "dating". She ended up coming over and staying the night with me on Tuesday and we hung out all day and she ended up staying over last night as well. So Basically 3 out of the 4 past nights she has stayed the night. We have not had sex yet, but have done a lot of making out.

Obvioulsy I guess we are "dating", but to me it just seems like things are moving real fast. Im not sure if I am ready for a committed girlfriend yet, especially since I got out of a 3.5 year relationship 6 months ago. She is a really cool girl, that I enjoy hanging out and spending time with. Since there is such a thin line between dating and being bf/gf I don't want things to get crossed as quickly as things are moving. I can possibly see her as my girlfriend in the future but not at the moment.

Some advice on what to do please!
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 25, 2010, 04:37 PM

You will have to tell her what you put on this post. Communication is a big key. She needs to know what is on your mind and should not be lead on.

If you just want to be friends, then do what friends do, which is not inviting a person to spend the night.

You don't have to make it a thin line, you can make it very black and white. It's up to you to do that.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 07:29 PM

Talk to her about it. Remember, you are only half of the relationship, so don't make any assumptions. If I were you though, I would stick to just being friends. Hanging out doesn't have to mean dating, it can just mean, you're friends, without emotional involvement. In your situation, being just out of a relationship, being friends without all the drama and emotions, is the best thing for you. I would stick with friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Dating lots of people or dating only one? [ 17 Answers ]

Do you think you should multiple people at the same time or only one?

The Good: I'm back out dating! The Bad: I'm back out dating. [ 11 Answers ]

Well to start I've recently been testing the waters following a break of a 4 year relationship 2 months ago (one of those where she wanted to marry me, I had the ring and we split things). So I've recovered I'm out meeting people, I feel ready and now I'm dating. Now I know dating is pretty...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search