Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kparks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 12:35 PM
    If price of ribs rose to $10 what would happen to consumer surplus
    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/592... co2071w2a3.jpg

1.At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would J.R. be willing to purchase?

2.How much is J.R. willing to pay for 20 ribs?
    3.What is the magnitude of J.R.'s consumer surplus at the equilibrium price?

4.At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would Judy be willing to sell?
    5.How high must the price of ribs be for Judy to supply 20 ribs to the market?

6.At the equilibrium price, what is the magnitude of total surplus in the market?

7.If the price of ribs rose to $10, what would happen to J.R.'s consumer surplus?
    It would decrease

8.If the price of ribs fell to $5, what would happen to Judy's producer surplus?
    It would Decrease

9.Explain why the graph that is shown verifies the fact that the market equilibrium (quantity) maximizes the sum of producer and consumer surplus.
    kparks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 12:36 PM

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/592...co2071w2a3.jpg

1.At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would J.R. be willing to purchase?

2.How much is J.R. willing to pay for 20 ribs?
    3.What is the magnitude of J.R.'s consumer surplus at the equilibrium price?

4.At the equilibrium price, how many ribs would Judy be willing to sell?
    5.How high must the price of ribs be for Judy to supply 20 ribs to the market?

6.At the equilibrium price, what is the magnitude of total surplus in the market?

7.If the price of ribs rose to $10, what would happen to J.R.'s consumer surplus?
    It would decrease

8.If the price of ribs fell to $5, what would happen to Judy's producer surplus?
    It would Decrease

9.Explain why the graph that is shown verifies the fact that the market equilibrium (quantity) maximizes the sum of producer and consumer surplus.
    miner68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 07:38 PM
    It would decrease

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Country Style Ribs [ 4 Answers ]

I have a great recipe for baby back ribs that my fiancée loves... but of course they are expensive. Country Style are much cheaper. Can I just use the same recipe or are they prepped and grilled differently? I'm sort of a pork amateur... more of a steak kind of guy - so any advice would be...

Uneven ribs [ 1 Answers ]

I recently noticed that my ribs arnt even. I'm kind of worried. My right ribs stop about an inch lower then my left ribs. I've had a lot of stomach and digestion trouble recently and we haven't been able to find any cause for it. I've also had some back pain. Could my uneven ribs have anything...

Painful ribs. [ 5 Answers ]

I am 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant and lately I have been having pain in my bottom ribcage on both sides. Anyone know what could be causing that? Or what I can do for the pain? It's not extreme pain just real annoying pain. I see my doctor in a couple of days, but was just wondering if anyone...

Strike to ribs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been hit hard to the rib cage and could not move for 1st day, 3rd day still moving very slowly. Extreme pain in the back muscles rhomboid and serratus ? I am curious about all the sounds of popping and creaking going on around the left side of my rib cage from the front to the back. It...

Consumer and producer surplus [ 2 Answers ]

Why the combination of consumer and producer surplus is not maximized if there is either excess supply or demand

View more questions Search