Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
    Purchasing an apt on a G1 Visa
    I would like to know what the procedure is as far as taxes in order to buy a place ,being on a G1 visa and being married to a US citizen
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 12:34 PM
    If you are a G-1 visa holder, you are EXEMPT from all taxes. However, you are also NOT ELIGIBLE for any tax credit associated with purchasing a home.
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    If you are a G-1 visa holder, you are EXEMPT from all taxes. However, you are also NOT ELIGIBLE for any tax credit associated with purchasing a home.
    Thanks a lot. Your advice is always punctual, prompt, concise and definitely professional. It is a virtue of a few to be able to be clear using very few words and maintaining its own professional expertise.
    Grazie!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Purchasing Now [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone please tell me why purchasing are so important now?

Purchasing the right Snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

I am now at the point of my life (age 60) where I think I need to purchase a snowblower. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada where snowfalls are a problem 3 or 4 times a season. So far the shovelling of snow off my 35' x 16' driveway and 120' of walkways has only been an annoyance not an impossible...

Purchasing [ 9 Answers ]

Hi first post, was looking up that chair cover forum. I'm so worried sent this company large amount of money I've heard no response for them. Has anyone used them before.:confused:

View more questions Search