Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpersonwardlaw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 02:33 PM
    Is it proper to send a thank you my new daughter in law parents for the lovely weddin
    I have just returned from attending my sons wedding his lovely brides family was in charge of this grand event making this specail day perfect. I feel as though I would like to acknowledge them , yet I am uncertain how to do this. I so much want them to know how much it was appreciated and how happy to have their daughter in our family
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 02:35 PM

I always think a warm thank you note is welcome whether it's necessary.

I'm sure they will love it!
    mpersonwardlaw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I always think a warm thank you note is welcome whether or not it's necessary.

I'm sure they will love it!
    I need advice on what and how to say thank you
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 25, 2010, 01:47 AM

Typically I see this being done at the reception of the wedding, each inlaws, with welcome there new daughter/son in law, and there family , and thank whoever they think is nessicary to thank. If you never got this opportunity there is definitely no harm in sending them a nice thank you card/flowers, I am sure they will love it and be flattered. Everyone likes to feel appreciated and hear what a great job they did when they put a lot of hard work into it.
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 25, 2010, 01:49 AM
    As in what to say, I think if you take the last line in your initial post, that would be excellent, short and sweet, and gets the point across in a very nice manner
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 07:41 AM

You would have to use your own words, of course, but say what a beautiful day it was, how obvious it was that they put a great deal of thought into the details, what a lovely person she is, how happy you are that she is now "officially" part of the family. A thank you note which includes a detail (such as, "The flowers were particularly beautiful") is always nice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 yr old daughter is pregnant and using pot. Where can I send her for help. [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter had been seeing a 2o yr old boy , she is now 16, for the past 3yr against my better wishes. Every time I try to intervine I get verbale and emotional abused by both of them. All she wants to do is turn 17, quite school and live with him. They are bothe smoking pot and doing other...

What is the proper way to ask my son inlaw and daughter to move out [ 2 Answers ]

I allowed my daughter and son in-law to move into our finished basement in order for them to be able to put there money twords some rather large legal fines she acquired. For a minimal fee of 1/2 the utilities and 1/2 the groceries ($200.00 plus what they eat a month)all they had to do was help out...

Daughter in law and her parents [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, I have been having a lot of problems about being including with my Daughter in law and her family. My husband and I have tried and tried to do everything exactly Right, The gold rule. Now my son who has a college degree and has been counseling Alcoholic/drug person's and had a good...

Proper name for unmarried daughter-in-law? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has a daughter with a lady and they never got married. What is the proper way for me to refer to that lady? Obviously she would not be my daughter-in-law but is there a proper way for me to refer to her? Thanks.

My lovely parents [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, I just want to share my feelings to you. I have been brought up in a very happy way by my parents. They get me everything what I need. I got married recently and I find it very difficult leaving them and staying in my husband's house. My husband is not friendly to anyone. He is just...

View more questions Search