Ask
    canarsiered Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 01:29 PM
    Are 1.75 inch paving stones OK for a driveway
    Are 1.75 inch thick paving stones OK for a driveway
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 08:37 PM

Yes if your sub is laid correctly. A porper base of bravel and compacted fines is needed in most locations, where are you?
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Mar 2, 2010, 08:41 PM

Ballenger's question is a good one. If you live in a place that sees snow I would probably stay away from a paver driveway because shovels and snow blowers might keep getting snagged. Not to mention the freeze-thaw cycles would probably be rough too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I connect 3 inch sch 40 to 3 inch copper . The o. D. Of the copper is 3 inch [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling an old house with all copper plumbing except for the cast iron that comes out of the basement floor. Some of the copper drain line is bad so I am trying to connect to the copper with sch 40 3 inch pipe. I can't seem to find a no hub band to make the connection. The o.d. of the...

Should I go into the paving business? [ 3 Answers ]

I was thinking of going in to the paving industry. I have connections to many contracters in my community and the idea is to find a paving company to hire out for jobs with myself as the middleman and taking fifty percent of the profit for a job. To properly evalute if this is feasible and if it is...

How to install 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Vanity Backsplash [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new 72 inch long Marble vanity in my bathroom. It came with a 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Backsplash. How do I install this backsplash? Do I just put an adhesive behind it? What about the gaps? How do I fill the gap of the top of the backsplash where it hits the...

Paving stones vs asphalt driveway [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for help comparing price, durability, permeability, etc of paving stones vs asphalt for resurfacing a driveway

View more questions Search