Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grand_Panda Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 01:18 PM
    I want to open my own music shop
    Hello, Im 19 and currently going to University for a business degree. I always loved music and opening a guitar shop would be awesome. I was wondering what I should do now in order to be able to open a shop later, and is it worth it to get a business degree?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 10:00 PM
    Hi, Grand_Panda!

Getting a degree in business for whatever type of business that you might want to be in would be helpful.

Concerning a guitar shop, what exactly would you want to do in that sort of business, please?

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2010, 07:09 PM
    Well... I think I would enjoy selling people musical equipment and being around music all day is never a bad thing. I probably would play music in a band or something on the side anyway, so if I didn't go for a business degree I would still be playing music. I'm still not sure what I want to do for a career though... I have way to many interest, lol
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2010, 09:56 PM
    Hi again, Grand_Panda!

If you do get a business degree, I'm sure that the subject of developing a business plan will come up. Developing a business plan would be the first thing that you would need to do in starting any kind of business.

I'm definitely in the music business in because I play, sing, teach and direct professionally. I'm also a piano tuner/technician. I operate out of my home. I'm also listed in many places on the Interent. My listings on the Internet are figure very prominently when people do searches for what I do, where I do it.

What are your other interests, please?

Thanks!

Mar 1, 2010, 08:05 PM

My other interest include fitness, history/writing, psychology... just to name a few
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 08:12 PM
    Then you have a number of things in which your involved and interested. But, you would like to be in some kind of tusiness correct?

Mar 1, 2010, 08:23 PM

Maybe, I find the business classes to be rather boring though, such as learning abut stocks and that kind of stuff. On the other hand I don't mind the classes that are more customer based then financial.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 08:32 PM
    Well, if your're going to go into some kind of business then you're going to have to put up with what's in the classes. It will all be to your benefit and you'll be able to use what you learn.

Are you interested in learning how to adverise on the Internet?

Mar 1, 2010, 08:38 PM

Well, Its pretty straight forword just use blog sites, web pages, forums, Facebook, YouTube, or any other social device to get your product out there. Why do you ask?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to open pound shop [ 1 Answers ]

How to open pound shop

We want to open a church thrift shop [ 2 Answers ]

Our church is interested in turning our rectory into a thrift shop. Can anyone give me info on where to start? Thank you!

Want to start a small music shop [ 1 Answers ]

Im considering opening my opening my own music shop, as its been an passion of mine for as long as I can remember, problem is where to start, does anyone know of any wholesalers/suplliers to purchase stock from? (preferably UK) do I require any permits or licenses? Any help anyone could offer would...

Want to open a flower/gift shop [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to start my flower/gift shop, besides supplies. I am starting in my home, do I need a license. Also, can u get a cooler by renting or what is the best way to get one? They are really exspensive. Please help

View more questions Search