Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryanjones2150 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2010, 01:06 PM
    GE refrigerator model GSL25IFRF BS will not dispense ice or water
    My GE side-by-side model GSL25IFRF BS stopped dispensing water and ice. When you push the lever, the light in the panel dims and the compressor will turn off. I unplugged it over night and now the fridge just clicks and the compressor doesn't sound like its kicking in. Help!
    vgm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 09:46 AM
    Exactly same thing with us!
    Snowkoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 08:28 PM
    The very same problem I have with this GE model.
    Any answer or help yet? Is the control circuit board lifetime warranty? Anybody knows?

Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2011, 10:08 PM

Snowkoo-i have not found one that had a life time warrfnty on it . My daughter in law has one of them also and it was less then a year old and they said no warenty on them ,and it has gone put again andits been just less then a year again and the control board you are talking about it cost her 125.00dollars just for it , no labor[ therewas a recall on severl fridg's last year and I'm trying to find mine ; it waqs because there was a lot of kitchen fires from them ,and some wqere pretty bad you were susposed to call a 800 number and they would come out and replace the bad part that was cvauseing the fires inside that control box ;;; AS soonm as I can find it I will get it posed to you and others. NOTE - there was a {STICKY ON THIS ON TOP THE FIRST PAGE OF APPLIANCE CHECK THERE AND SEE IF IT ISTILL THERE ;; HOPE THIS HELPS ::GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2011, 10:31 PM

Ryanjones21590- IT seems like all rae having the same problem , now there is one thing on these new refridg. That we had on a new sidexside , we found that there is a inline water filter and when it fillsup and the red light comes on ,it wtll stop all water going to that area, ;;NOTE- open the eridge door and look up at the tpo and see if there is a rfd or green light that is on ; those lights are for the water lione filter ,when it needs replaced the light is red but when it is good { THE FILYER} the light is green ;; YOU CAN GET A NEW ONE FOR $30.00 to $38.00 at LOWES;; YOU will find the filter on the bottom below the FREEZER DOOR;; I do not know what fill the eilter up <WE are on a well but I HAVE GOOD CLEAR WATER AND HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY THING IN THE WATERI have set a full glass of water in a clear glass AND even let it set over night and the next morning it would still be nice and clear;; OH Lowe's IS THE MOST REASONABLE PRICE ON A NEW FILTER : CHECK THE LIGHTS -IF RED REPLACE FILTER IF GREEN { THEN IT Probably BE THE CONTROL BOX :: LET US ALL KNOW HOW YOU COME OUT,YOUR ANSWER WILL HEL:P A LOT OF US AND OTHERS Having THE SAME PROBLEM :: HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND A BETTER TOMORROW AND GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Jan 19, 2011, 01:19 PM
    I solved the problem the same day I posted. It was the mother board. Go figure a fridge having a mother board. Everything is a computer these days. Anyway, I can't remember how much it cost, not cheap though. Around $200 I think. Anyway, the repair was super easy. Back of the fridge, towards the bottom; is a small metal door. Unplug the fridge. Remove the screw holding it in place and pull the door off. You'll see the circuit board inside. There is a plastic plug with wires, disconnect it. There is four (I think) screws holding the circuit board in. Remove the screws and the mother board will come right out. Take it to your parts house and get a new one. Assembly is exact opposite of disassembly. Give it a shot and good luck.
    WonkaVader Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2011, 01:22 PM

See the other thread about the water dispenser line freezing up. I just got off the phone with GE's customer service and they gave me a crock, saying that my GSH25 was not covered by their "discounted" offer on the dispenser tube heater. In other words, the "problem" that they admit exists was for the GSH22, the 22 cu ft model. Horse feathers! It's a frozen line in my case and I will never buy a GE fridge again.

May 18, 2011, 12:30 PM
    My fridge was not covered by the warranty, it was about 5 years old when it happened. I started this thread by the way, so start from the top for more info... The parts house here says there are a lot of this model with the same problem. When I described the problem, and held the phone out so he could hear the sound it was making, he said, "yup, the mother board." went and picked it up, very simple swap (again, see above post) and boddabing, done and it's been working now for close to 18 months. Sure beat getting a new fridge.
    Snowkoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Replaced the main control circuit board ($187, bought it from amazon.com), fixed the problems.

Thanks so much everybody for the useful info. Also thanks for this web provider too. From snowkoo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water won't dispense on refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ge americana refrigerator and the water quit working. We still get ice. Why? Thanks

Refrigerator makes ice. Does not dispense [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore Elite side by side refrigerator, cabinet depth.. Model 106.4442 600. Ice maker makes ice but dispenser does not dispense ice or water through the door. No lights are on the dispenser.

Frigidaire Refrigerator model GLRS267ZAB4 Shelves and Ice/Water dispenser issues [ 1 Answers ]

Help! The supports for the shelves in my Frigidaire refrigerator have broken, making the refrigerator side nearly unusable. Is there any way I can fix these things without calling in an expensive repair tech to do it for me? I need to replace three shelf supports, two of which are for the...

View more questions Search