Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacques Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2003, 04:21 AM
    (vb+ acces)the Microsoft jet database engine stopp
    Hi , I hope you can help me please
    I wrote a clocking program that people use to clock in,in the morning
    The program is written in visual basic 6 with an ado control that is connecting to an access 2000 database and using a Microsoft jet 4.0 ole db provider.
    My ado control settings are as follows
    1.cursorlocation = adUseServer
    2.cursortype = adopenDynamic
    3.locktype = adLockOptimistic
    Has a read and write mode
    This program does the main processing and is located in a workshop
    The program on this pc will update the data in the database every 2 min
    Ex will add 2 min to the login time and 2 min to the project time and so on
    In the database each person has a state logon or logoff
    So in the morning when I logon the state will change from logoff to logonn

Then I also have user that works in the offices that logs onn remote
    All that their programms do is it opens the database and goes to their record
    And change their state to logon and change the time to the time their logging on to then the program closes

There is 181 records in my tables so it means there is 181 people that clocks
    But in the morning when I look at the data in the table to see if every thing is fine there will be about 3 to 7 peoples records that is not correct for instance their state will be changed to logon but their time will not be changed it will still be the time of the previous day
    I made that if there is an error it should write to a file.and if I look in the file it will say the Microsoft jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are trying to change the same dta at the same time and their will be the same amount of messages in the file as to the people that records are incorrect the time of the error and the time of the person that logged on will also be the same
    How can it be because al the people have a different record so how can two people want to change the same data

These errors also only happens in the morning when everyone clocks in
    O and in the afternoon the program clocks them off automatically so the people that is in the offices don't connect to the database if that would help

Please can you help me I am desperate
    Sorry for the long letter just wan't to make sure I explain everything
    O je and the settings for the remote programs ado controls are the same as I set out in point 1,2 and 3

I see all the problems with error the Microsoft jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time being said that the database is corrupted but my error number differs mine is error number -2147217887 and even if I compact and repair it still occures

Thank you

Jacques

?

Check out some similar questions!

Very serious PC problems! Can't acces my registry! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello! First of all, sorry for my bad english, there are some words I just don't know! Now, my computer runs smooth but I do have a virus, 2 of wich I know of to be exact (Instant Acces and 5x DSO Exploit). I know these 2 virusses (spelled right?) can only be removed manually but that's the...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

Microsoft works database "out of memory"! [ 3 Answers ]

Yo, Anyone know how I can stop the above message coming up, when I try to print, or even print preview, a nodest little database. Really apreciate your help, Perth, Australia:confused:

Secureing acces to my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know how can I secure my computer from being accesed by another user who has domain user rights.. My computer is connected to the domain. And I use windows fire wall also How I can protect ir from being accesed from the above.. Please help

(vb + access)error  the Microsoft jet database eng [ 0 Answers ]

Hi , I hope you can help me please I wrote a clocking program that people use to clock in,in the morning The program is written in visual basic 6 with an ado control that is connecting to an access 2000 database and using a Microsoft jet 4.0 ole db provider. My ado control settings are as...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.