Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amigoos Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 11:28 AM
    How come that swine flu is now able to cause a pandemic?
    Even though both the classical swine flu and humans seasonal flu H1N1 originate from Spanish flu 1918.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 11:34 AM

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. I thought the H1N1 flue going around this year was a newer strain?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 01:42 PM

Swine flue is able to cause a pandemic as it has mutated(changed) and is now able to infect humans.

Swine flue is a disease that normally just infects pigs, but now it has been transferred to humans making a new version of the HINI type, which is very contageous, even some animals can catch it, all be it rare.

I had swine flue last August and was given a course of Tamiflue, plus kept in isolation for over 2 weeks.

The effects vary from person to person.. the biggest problem I found was the total exhaustion you feel, barley able to put one foot in front of the other.

That feeling to a lesser degree does last for some weeks after.

Lots of people have had it, many were not even aware, the symptoms were so slight,they just thought that they had a bit of a cold.

Wouldn't want it again, although you can get it twice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is swine flu and how one gets it? [ 2 Answers ]

What is swine flu?

Swine flu [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I work in a store where more then 30people have had swine flu in the last 3weeks. My doctor has signed me off because I had 3 miscarriges last year and I'm already having braxton hicks contractions so me getting swine flu could be really harmful to myself and the baby but...

Swine flu [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been exposed to swine flu. A friend of my was sick and then have been tested for swine flu with a positive result. I am leaving for a trip in Japan tomorrow and my concern regards the fact that I don't want to be sick far away. How big is the probability that I will be sick for swine...

Swine flu. [ 87 Answers ]

Is anybody aware of this latest flu going around. Apparently it began in mexico but there are cases around the world now. There has been confirmed cases in Canada, United States where there is now one death. About 150 mexicans died from this already. How do we stop these things? So much...

Bird flu pandemic! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, have you heard about the possibility of bird flu mutating and being spread from human to human?? I'm paralysed with fear every time I let myself think of such a disaster.. what would the world become if such a thing happens?? Do you take Tamiflu or Relenza as precautions? Or do you keep...

View more questions Search