Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kloeee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 07:45 AM
    I need to save money!
    I need help or ways to start saving money.
    I spend it mainly on weed and cigs and food.
    How do I help quit those things to save some money but still be able to do the above?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 07:53 AM

Food looks like the problem, I must have spent Thousands of Dollars on the Stuff. I would/do Grow a Garden.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 08:44 PM

You can't stop eating, but you can find ways to save money on food, taking advantage of coupons and sales, and just buying cheaper brands of stuff, or substitute with something different, i.e. simply eat less of the things that cost more. If you eat "convenience" stuff, cook more.

You can quit weed. If you can't, you have an issue anyway. But probably easier than quitting smoking, which gets quite expensive. I quit like 20 years ago and cigarettes have gone up SO, SO much and financially it's a good thing I quit cause I can't afford it. You can try cutting back... that is not that difficult. Every time you want a cigarette, just make yourself wait another 15 minutes. Eventually you smoke less.

Quitting smoking is an entirely different matter, and while I've done it myself and could probably help someone else, that's really more a subject for elsewhere. (There's a forum for addictions.)

But those aren't the only places to save money. First step is to start keeping track of where your money goes, and that means every little cent (shilling, whatever). Some things that seem "minor" turn out contributing way more than you think, so keep track of everything. After a couple of months you'll start realizing where your money is going, and you'll see where you have opportunities to cut back.

That is the really simplistic view of it, cause you can get complicated into budgeting and such, but being aware of where the money is going is a great starting point, and you might be amazed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 09:07 PM

Grow your own weed, stop smoking or if you do have to smoke, buy bulk and roll your own ( you should know how to roll ?)

Werk out a budget, look at your income and include putting so much into savings each paycheck,
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 12:20 AM

[EDITED: "Above post" no longer exists, so now you can ignore this one. I was not referring to Fr_Chuck's.]

Ignore the above post.

Not only would I never trust anyone who thinks surveys are actually a way to solve a money problem (it's a little tiny bonus at best), but there also is no reason to take your mind off saving money! So that's just bad advice. There's nothing wrong with earning more, but only thinking about earning just allows you to go on spending any way you like. No matter how much you make, you should always be trying to save money and have a budget and a plan. Not many people make enough to just throw it away without thinking about it, or about the future.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 12:47 AM
    Hi, kloeee!

Are you still living with your parents? Or, are you on your own now?

Thanks!
    nenajo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2012, 02:51 AM
    There are different ways of savings but the best thing I found is coupons and discount codes which helps you to save money on everything. There are few website offers Promo and coupon codes like Retailmenot.com, CouponPark.com and savings.com. These are the top sites offers coupons on grocery store and manufacturing products.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Save money [ 1 Answers ]

How do you take a portable dishwasher and build it in the cabintry

Save money [ 4 Answers ]

I want to convert my gas furnace to electric How much exactly will this cost me and will it be worth it? My gas company is price gouging me and I can't afford it any more, is electric heat cheaper than gas?:confused:

Save money! [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possibly to convert single phase to three phase to save money running motors. Or will the amp draw on the converter be more than than the single phase motor consumsion?

I want to save money,but I do not now how [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: :o I want to know how to save money. I feel like I need to save some money no matter for what. But I don't know how to do that, I spend out all my salary every week! Any help?

Can't Save MOnEy$ I'm I ginx [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband work he makes about $11 hr weekly and I make $7 hr bi weekly and I every time he gets a pay check we don't have money left for the week. Yes we have rent & bills but it seems like money goes by fast... I have a savings acct. and I only have $5 in it. Why can I have more than...

View more questions Search