Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gillhamrivetd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 10:19 PM
    Child not living with custodial parent but still collecting child support
    Child is suppose to live mother but for over 12 months child has been living with grandpaernts but mother is collecting child support still. Is that against the law
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Feb 24, 2010, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gillhamrivetd View Post
    child is suppose to live mother but for over 12 months child has been living with grandpaernts but mother is collecting child support still. is that against the law
    No,it is not against the law.
    You can try to get sole custody in that case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support and arrears but child will be living with non-parent while in college [ 1 Answers ]

I am a non-custodial parent living in Atlanta, GA paying my court appointed child support plus arrears. This year my daughter will be 18 and will be living with me (coming from Sterling, VA) while going to college. Is there a way to negotiate the arrears amount or settle out on an agreed amount...

Getting child support form non custodial parent [ 7 Answers ]

I have had an open case in Claifornia for a few years now. I was awarded $284 a month and have not reaceived a penny. The non custodial parent has a job but no proof and then tells the system he has no job at all. The outcome of not paying support is so far... suspension of license, bad credit, and...

Child collecting back pay from parent ssdi and child support [ 7 Answers ]

My dad is disabled and child support and disabilty have been taking money out of his ssd check every month for my sister and I, but being in foster care there has been no payee for either of these for the past several years. I'll be 18 this year and my dad told me I could collect the money that's...

Child support issue-Child no longer with custodial parent [ 22 Answers ]

My child is 18 yrs old and is no longer living with her mother.I am paying child support in New Hampshire and have recently learned through a subpoena that my daughter is living in New York state. Can child support charge me in 2 states on the same child? What steps can I take to have the child...

View more questions Search