Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    opticsherri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 07:13 AM
    We have an employee that has patient info and billing info in our server - Violation?
    We have a past employee that has patient files and billing info on our server. She worked part time for an outside doctor and his info is contained on our records. We have purged them and notified the docotr, but she intercepts emails. Do we have a violation that we should be concerned about?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 07:48 AM

The other doctor's patient information was contained on your server? Doesn't appear to be a HIPPA violation on your part, but it may be on the part of the other doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First time probation violation info [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was pick up on a probation violation how long will he get its his first time he was on probation for possession of marijuana DOM with intentions to sale... some body please help me.. he stop going to probation officer cause it was out of town and he had no transportation to get there

Probation Violation - NEED INFO [ 2 Answers ]

If someone violated probation, in Florida. Had probation time added, with the stipulation of a guardian. Is there a way to change the guardian, if that person keeps threatening you with violation if you do not do what they say and want?

Violation of patient rights [ 46 Answers ]

Hi, I recently gave birth in a hospital via c-section. I was administered potocin without my knowledge or consent and I feel my rights were violated. IS there any legal action I can take. I know that hospital have a time out rule that before any procedure/medicine is given to a patient they are...

Billing a patient if auto insurance did not pay the medical claim in full [ 2 Answers ]

Can a health care provider bill a patient for any balance after the motor vehicle insurance has not paid in full.

View more questions Search