Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 10:18 AM
    What can happen if you try to do your own veterinary work.
    A story posted Sunday explains what can happen if you try to do your own veterinary work.

Man Plays Vet, Kills Dog - January 21, 2010

Don't wait around asking people on the internet. Go to the Vet.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2010, 10:33 AM

Chloroform... superglue... dental floss...

"The defendant made a comment to the dog about stabbing her with a pair of scissors"

That quite seriously made me feel ill.

Thank you for posting that Cats, hopefully some want to be backyard vets will read it and get the idea.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 12:16 PM

Wow. That story made me physically ill. I can't believe someone would even consider doing that, much less doing it.

Thanks for posting it Cats. Hopefully someone will read it and realize the importance of taking your pet to an actual vet for real care.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 01:20 PM

Goosebumps, and not the good kind.
    Un imaginable, and no words can describe the disgust and sadness felt.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 09:01 PM

I hope they throw away the key for that guy...

Not to sound like I don't care, but I doubt this this was an issue of a pet owner trying to take care of their pet on their own... I think this guy just wanted to inflict pain onto the dog for no reason. Sounds more like a true neglect case resulting in death more than a worried owner asking questions on the internet...

Its always my poor pitties that get the brunt of all evil :(
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 09:12 PM

Lucky, the dog in the report is a 'hound/retriever mix' not a pit bull.

I hope the legal system doesn't let Zoe down.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 09:23 PM

Sickening... just... sickening

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Veterinary medicine use in humans? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering if there is any books or publications that would be useful in the subject of using veterinary medical supplies and medications in humans in an emergency situation. Medicines would include anti-fungals, antibiotics etc and supplies would include syringes, staples and suture kits. Any...

What will happen will it work [ 11 Answers ]

Well I'm married and I found out that he has a baby out side the marriage I am finding it very hard to deal with I don't feel comfotable around him and more, I feel very uneasy about it every time he leave the house. Also lately he been telling me he want another child but the way I feel I never...

Veterinary school [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Im going into high school next year, and this may be a little early for me to start thinking about colleges, but I would like to become a vet when I'm older. No not a vet tech, just a regular vet that does surgerys, check ups etc. I want to go to a good school, and I'm confused about the...

Veterinary Schools [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a list from best to worst colleges and Universities to attend for Veterinary Degrees. Maybe, some extra info as well on a broad term as to what is available in the United States for schools that I can obtain a degree as a veterinarian. Preferably what is available in Texas to start with....

Facts Veterinary Medicine? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm very interested in veterinary medicine, while I'm still in high school I know I have quite some time. Can someone please tell me the estimated normal annual salary of a vet? And the requirements, like bachelors degree in what? ANd what is the main major for a vet? Thanks!

View more questions Search