Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SODJINOU PRISCA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 03:13 AM
    In case of rent two rents account are opened. Rent received is credited to what?
    In case of rent ,two account may be opened.rent received is credited to rent receivable account;rent paid to rent account.at the end of the year the profit and loss is debited to rent paid and credited with rent receivable.help me in criticizing the above treatment of rent account.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2010, 07:57 AM
    What do you mean by "criticize the above treatment"? "Two account may be opened"?

What, exactly is your question? Is this homework help, or is this a question about a real life situation?

Please clarify exactly what you are asking.
    sigibah Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 11:08 AM

You need to be specific on the question.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2010, 05:56 PM

Rent paid to you is a Revenue account. For example a business that rents out your space

Rent paid by you is an Expense account. For an example you are renting space from another business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rent increase on rent control in Jersey City, NJ [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the what the percentage of rental increase is for a rent control building in Jersey City? Also, can the landlord ask for additional deposit for the rental unit? Thanks... Jay

Wrote off prepaid rent and prepaid rent account [ 1 Answers ]

Wrote off $100.00 of prepaid rent as of November 30 to rent expense for December. Prepaid Rent $100.00 Does it meant, Rent Expense: $100.00 Prepaid Rent : $0.00

I rent in Florida, we received a Foreclosure notice Do we have to pay our rent [ 2 Answers ]

We rent through a leasing company, We were served Foreclosure papers, Is it not illegeal for the owner to collect rent if he is in foreclosure. Can we stop paying rent? Our lease is up April 27th and the way things are backed up the eviction would not happen on my watch I hear 6month to 9mon...

Does 3 day Pay rent or quit notice include only rent? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My tenant paid $500 to get into my house (California). He was supposed to pay $3300 ($1800 rent + $2000 deposit) by 4th June. This was stated in contract. Instead he paid $1000 on 06/06. He deposited in my bank account. So if I want to give him a 3day pay rent or quit notice, should I...

Landlord provided 60 day eviction notice, now no rent received. Court case pending. [ 2 Answers ]

At the end of March, I provided a 60 eviction notice to one of my tenants (per the terms of the lease), informing her that I was not continuing her tenancy after it expired on 5/30/08 Now, she hasn’t paid rent since April. She's being evicted due to what I believe is her paranoid schizophrenia....

View more questions Search