Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laupinpin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 04:26 AM
    Absorption
    I was told to chew at least 100 times on brown rice to benefit all it nutrient. True?:(
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2006, 05:38 AM
    I don't think so if you prepare it properly

From Wikipedia:

A nutritionally superior method of preparation known as GABA Rice or GBR, developed during the United Nations Year of Rice, may be used. This involves soaking washed brown rice for 20 hours in warm water (38 °C or 100 °F) prior to cooking it. This process stimulates germination, which activates various enzymes in the rice. By this method, it is possible to obtain a more complete amino acid profile, including GABA.

Enjoy!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laupinpin
    I was told to chew at least 100 times on brown rice to benefit all it nutrient. True?:(
    Hi, Brown rice is great, no matter how fast or slow or how many times you chew it, you get the same wonderful nutrients, I,f you were advised to chew a lot, and on a diet, that's the reason, the more you chew and concetrate on what's in your mouth, the less you'll eat. The best part about brown rice it's high in magesuium, about 88% of daily requirement per day for one cup. This helps reduce severity of asthma, reduces headaches, reduces rish of heart attack and stroke, lower hgh blood pressure, it even helps in prevention of gall stones. The process that produces brown rice only removes other hull of rice kernal and makes the kernal even more nutritionally rich. Brown rice is full of selenium and fiber.. It contains at least 14% fiber, our daily requirement, 27% of selenium and other protein and minerals for cancer protection. It helps by lowering bad (ldc) cholestrol and helps with type 2 diabetes risk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search