Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fearless0777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 08:56 PM
    Why a key won't turn in ignition
    I have a 1999 jeep grand cherokee

I got in my jeep today to leave from school. I got in put the key in the ignition went to turn it over to start it, and it won't turn at all. It will not even let me put the jeep in nutral. I also thought I would check and see if the key would unlock my doors and it wouldn't unlock my doors either. I do have a keyless entry, that is the only way I got in my jeep. I read the manual and thought maybe my wheel was locked but I tried to unlock it and its not doing anything.

Check out some similar questions!

My key won't turn in the ignition [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2002 ford windstar. My key will not turn. The steering, brakes, and gear shift are all locked. I have tried turning the wheel back and forth. No luck. I have tried rocking it. No luck. Yesterday a friend bumped hard underneath the steering wheel and finally it cranked. After turning it...

Magnum rt key ignition switch won't turn what is the problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a magnum rt my ignition switch won't turn what do you think my problem is

Key won't turn in the ignition [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter has a doge colt and the key will not turn in the ignition. We tried turning wheel, checked to make sure it was in gear but it just won't turn, any suggestions?

2003 Ford Focus, key won't turn in ignition [ 1 Answers ]

The key is one of those that have chip in it, and the steering wheel isn't locked. It happened a few weeks ago but finally got it to work, this morning spent 15 minutes trying and wouldn't turn at all. Any ideas?

Key won't turn in ignition [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Toyota Avalon, the key will go in the ignition but won't turn. It usually does after a couple tries. The problem seems to be getting worse and sometimes the key won't come out.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.