Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clarkson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 12:44 AM
    Blood services donation denied
    :( when I was teenager something bad happened sexually. I want to give blood one of questions on form did not know how answer. Answered wrong deny blood for life. Not my fault for experience. Explained still deny blood, blood clean.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2006, 05:47 AM
    What was the question and what was your answer?

Also, I don't know of a database that all those who accept blood check. If your answer is wrong and that organization won't correct it, then you can just go somewhere else to donate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2006, 04:36 PM
    The questions are there to protect the general population, they do not want blood that may be tanited getting into the blood supply, And I would hope you don't want it either.

So you answer each question honestly and correctly, and if they deny you the chance to give blood, you tried.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 27, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Absolutely. I lost a good friend who was a hemophiliac to AIDS. He contracted it from tainted blood products. There are so many other worthwhile ways you can give to society, why push this particular issue?
    Clarkson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 11:36 PM
    Being punished something happened young. Not pushing when clean. Is sad when helping can t. don't have nothing being punished for abuse.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 27, 2006, 11:46 PM
    So, if I understand you correctly, you were abused by someone when you were young, but any medical issues that resulted from that experience have long since been treated? And despite not having any diseases currently, they won't let you donate?
    This should be easy enough to clear up by explaining to them, if indeed this is the case. I do understand that you meaningfully want to give to others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Plasma Donation [ 4 Answers ]

Is Diarrhea a possible side effect of donating plasma? Also, are there any long term effects?

Blood Donation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if every pint of blood is tested when you donate blood. Thanks

Blood donation and AIDS [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I wanted to know... how safe donated blood is from the HIV considering a person who has the HIV can't be detected if he is still in the window period.if he has donated blood during that period and wasn't detected as HIV +ve... isnt his blood contaminated? Won't it transmit the virus to the...

Tax help on donation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there,

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search