Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlove932 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 03:56 PM
    How much time can you get in jail for probation violation
    My boyfirend is in jail for probation violation. He got on probation for domestic assault by strangulation for putting his hands on me. He got a felony and also put on probation for 3yrs. We got back together and he was doing good got in no trouble obyed the rules of prbation meet with his probation officer and was taken his drug test. Until oneday he just stopped complying with her he stopped meeting with her taking his drugtest didn't go to his angermanagement classes so she put out a warrant for his arrest he justr got arrested a few weeks sgo and he's in jail for probation violation and its his first time what will happen to him how much time could he end up doing in jail
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2010, 04:42 PM

It's going to be strictly up to the Judge at his probation violation hearing. He could order your boyfriend to do his original sentence in prison or he could order more probation time.

For instance he was sentenced to 2 years in prison but given 3 years probation. He could be sentenced to the 2 years in prison - not 3 years.

You would have to call the Clerk's Office and ask them to read you his Final Disposition paperwork the day he got sentenced. The Judge usually puts his future intentions in this Order so he doesn't forget what he could have sentenced the person to instead of probation. It's both there for his information and the person being sentenced enlightenment in case they decide to break their probation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time for probation violation? [ 41 Answers ]

What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?

What's the jail time for nc on felony probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail and was charged with felony probation violation. He only has three months over his head. He turned himself in. This is only his second felony. The first one is from seven years ago. How much time might he get?

Probation violation, Jail time possible? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, my husband was charged with dui, and served 90 days in jail last year, was released on Sept. 18, 2007, and has been on probation since then, which was supposed to end on June 21, 2008. He had his license suspended, which in turn, cost him to lose his job, because as an auto...

Probation Violation - Jail Time [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend got in trouble a few years back for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff in Michigan. Since then, he's served his time. He cut 4 months from his sentence for good behavior and getting a job in prison. However, he is on probation for the next 3 years. This year,...

View more questions Search