Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goshodo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Problem with empire wall furnace
    I have a 1985 vintage Empire gravity direct vent wall furnace in out cottage mode # DV-235-3SG. Once the unit runs for a while and the room comes up to temp. the burner shuts off, but the blower keeps trying to cycle on and off - it makes an electrical sparking sound which causes interfence with nearby radios and tvs. This goes on for about 2-3 minutes each time the furnace completes a cycle. Seems like it is something in the blower control module? Any suggestions?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 12:22 PM

In your furnace you have a thermodisk that turns the furnace blower on when the temperature rises to a point that the disk is preset at. There is a diferental of maybe 20 to 25 degrees between the tempatures that turns the blower on and what turns it off. Over the years this disk loses some of it tension and gets to the point that this diferental and the burner on temperature both drop. Your disk is probably turning off too soon and the risidual heat in the heat exchanger is heating the disk back up to the point of turning the blower back on and then off again as it cools.

This disk in hidden beneath the outer cover It will have two wires attached to it. The temps will be printed on it. These disks should be found at most heating and air conditioning companies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Empire furnace pilot goes out when increase thermostat temp [ 15 Answers ]

Have Empire Model DV-25-2SG propane direct vent furnace. Pilot lights and stays lit when knob turned to ON. However, when raise thermostat temp from Off the main burner appears to light for an instant and then goes out as does the pilot. Help. It's colld up here in the mountains. This unit is...

Old empire gas floor furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know where I might be able to find some old cone burners for a gas floor furnace that is @ 40 years old>[email protected]

Lighting Empire wall furnace pilot light [ 1 Answers ]

:o, Please help! I have accessed the inside of my Empire wall furnace & understand the instructions on the knob relating to startingg the pilot light. Have lit pilots of water heaters many times. My question simply is: Where is the place to place the match to get ignition? It refers...

Empire Floor Furnace pilot light will not stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

I have an empire floor furnace that the pilot light will not stay lit? Also, is there a location to buy replacement burners? Thanks you Von Mustion

Troubleshooting empire floor furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced generator, pilot light still won't stay lit. empire floor furnace.

View more questions Search