Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RIO2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 05:28 AM
    What hair dye should I use if I want to get rid of the dark red tint in my hair?
    My hair is a dark red colour I would like to go medium/dark brown without the red tinge to it! What hair colour should I go for?? I've been told ash colours take red away is this true? Thanks...
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Feb 26, 2010, 02:04 PM
    I'm not sure if ash colors take away red but my suggestion is to just leave it. Red washes out very fast like within a few weeks and this way will be healthier for your hair.
    HillyV Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 10:48 AM
    Ash color on top of red will only make your haircolor even darker and muddy looking the way of getting rid of any red tint in the hair is to either go brown/black or strip your haircolor and then do medium neutral brown to achieve a more natural look.. hope I could help a little.goodluck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to dye dark brown hair red. [ 4 Answers ]

:( I have dark brown hair and I really want to dye it red. So I went out and bought a Auburn red hair dye and dyed it. Now my hair is medium length, but the hair dye I bought had a girl with short hair on the box.. I didn't think it matters. Well I love the color, but it didn't really get my...

Completely messed up hair colour:( How do I get rid of red tones in dark brown hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay first of all, I cannot go to a hairdresser. I have social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia which prevents me from doing a lot of things in public. Please tell me what I can do at home. My hair is naturally medium ash brown. I dyed it black awhile ago. I waited for it to grow out a bit and then...

Get rid of dark hair dye fast! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm called gabie, and recently joined this site in hope to share my worries and distress. I'm 14 and have stupidly dyed my hair, from light brown to "permanetly anti-fade black" hair colour! It was meant to be dark brown... I'm due to go back to school in about a week, and I need to get it out...

Trying to dye red hair dark brown [ 10 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair red for years and have recently decided to let it go natural (dark brown). So I dyed my brassy red hair a pretty dark brown from a box and really liked the results, only to find that - surprise, surprise - with every wash it gets much lighter and much reder (even though it...

Dark brown hair dye turned my hair red! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I wanted to dye my hair dark brown, and it came out a deep red, that was lighter red at the roots. I had it dyed to ash brown (my natural color) and if faded in about 3 days. So 2 weeks later my hair was red again so I got it dyed ash brown again. And after a few days it started fading,...

View more questions Search