Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 02:55 AM
    Saving money at the hospital
    HI there AMHD friends:

I have to have surgery to repair a tendon from a recent accident. Although I have insurance I'm worried about how much the bill will be after insurance. A friend suggested that I speak with someone at the hospital about finances. Who would I talk to? Would it make a difference?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2010, 11:12 AM

Go in person to the hospital if you can and actually sit down with someone there to see if you can save some money. Most likely you can't save anything as you just can't bring your own brown bag lunch along, etc. or bring your own medical supplies.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 11:23 AM

My friend only had to pay half his bill from his hospital visit. I need to know WHO to talk to? Who would I ask to talk to?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2010, 11:56 AM

If you are going to the same hospital as your friend quiz them about who they spoke to and see if you can do the same.

It's usually someone in the Financial Dept at the hospital. At least that's who I'd start with.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 09:46 PM

Ask your friend the specifics of his/her situation. It's possible that they qualified for assistance or grant depending on the medical condition. But as Twinkie suggested, ask who they talked to as a starting point and then you can at least see about setting up a payment plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Risk v Saving Money [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a healthy 45-49 yr old, never sick and never see doctors. I'm trying to decide between two plans. Both have a $1500 deductible, 80/20, and $20.00 copays. The big difference is that one has a $2500 out of pocket maximum ($312/month); the other has a $4000 out of pocket maximum...

My Dad ows money to the hospital [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My parents came from Russia to live with us about year and a half ago. My Dad started working for the employment agency, where they take about half what he makes. He doesn't speak English well so he gets jobs that require hard labor. Last August when he was on the job, he started having...

Saving money [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a single mom who receives child's support. I have people in my life who have ability to assess my finances via my ss# here in Texas. Is there any place I could save this money,let it grow for future college and other things for kids . Without people being able to check for any...

What is your favorite money saving website? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My name is Charley, and I'm a save-a-holic. LoL! Seriously, I was curious to know what websites you like that give tips and tricks on saving money on things like groceries, gasoline, etc. My favorite is www.savingdimes.com. It has great reads, and I especially love the grocery store...

View more questions Search