Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hidefcleaning Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 10:55 PM
    How to get accounts cleaning service
    I recently started a cleaning business. My wife and I both work "day jobs" for now and would really appreciate some tips on ways to obtain new accounts. We have done some cold calling, have a website, and are working on a classified ad as we speak.. Any other helpful "affordable" tips would be much appreciated.

Chris
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 11:22 PM
    Hi again, Chris!

Stringer is the Expert here who really knows about the cold calling thing. He owns a very large janitorial/cleaning company in the Chicago, IL area.

His advice is as good as gold and second to none! If you wanted the Internet advertising thing to be a part of this thread, that would be okay. Although, really it's a subject unto itself and potentially will be going on for many pages.

It's up to you, though as to whether to start a new thread.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 11:24 PM
    By the way, I just noticed that you were logging back onto the site. Did you get logged off by the site?

Feb 21, 2010, 11:29 PM

The site didn't log me off I had 2 leave home to doing one of my nightly cleaning jobs and I switched to my blackberry from the home comp. The internet advertising can be part of this thread that would be cool
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 11:31 PM
    Are you home again now?
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 11:53 PM
    Is this a link to your website?

Link

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 12:11 AM

Hi Hide, how are you? I see that you are not located too far from me.

I like the website, clean and to the point.

Clough can get you started with helping you get a lot of attention on the internet.

You have been in business for 10 years? Great so we don't have to put 'wheels' on this.

I see that you have done some cold calling.

Please be a little more detailed in your questions, do you want to talk about cold calling first? Special jobs: carpets, hard floor work, windows, periodical work, medical cleaning etc?

Have you done any networking with local groups?

Do you have a formal proposal put together?

Do you have a brochure put together, some type of leave behind or mailer?

Stringer

Mar 5, 2010, 10:13 PM
    Stringer,

I am looking for some other avenues besides cold calling. I have done a bit of networking with a couple of local groups I I am checking out another networking group next Tuesday. Our business is not incredibly large in fact we are fairly small. We do not have a large customer base by any means is joining a networking group still a god idea and how do I message clough I'm fairly new to this

Mar 5, 2010, 10:13 PM
    Stringer,

I am looking for some other avenues besides cold calling. I have done a bit of networking with a couple of local groups I I am checking out another networking group next Tuesday. Our business is not incredibly large in fact we are fairly small. We do not have a large customer base by any means is joining a networking group still a god idea and how do I message clough I'm fairly new to this
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 5, 2010, 10:21 PM

Cold calling is usually the best method in getting new business. However we do a lot of business through networking, at least $4 to $5 mil. It is who you know and who likes you and your company.

Talk to your present clients and don't be afraid to ask for referrals, they work and get you in the do. Actually talk to everyone about your business as they may know someone also.

I will get in contact with Clough for you.

Stringer
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 10:07 PM
    Hi again, hidefcleaning!

As long as there's activity on this thread, I'll be notified about the activity.

Thanks, Stringer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning Service [ 3 Answers ]

I want to start my own cleaning company but I have no idea where to begin. Can someone help?

Cleaning Service [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I started a cleaning service and would like to clean offices. Do we need to be insured and/or bonded to do this?

Cleaning Service [ 2 Answers ]

How do you bid on jobs such as office buildings and call centers without over bidding?

Cleaning service [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé came up with an idea he wants to start a cleaning service, I am behind him all the way. My question is how do we go about starting this? We are in niagara falls, ny area

Cleaning service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, do you need a certain license to start a cleaning business and if so do you need to be a certain age

View more questions Search