Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    preserve46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 07:10 PM
    I live in Georgia do I have pay child support for step childer, only marrried 2 years
    I live in Georgia do I have pay child support for step childer, only marrried 2 years. I received SSD and VA disability payments. Do I have pay child support and can my unearned money be including as income?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 07:50 PM

Did you adopt or were the children born during the marriage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 07:51 PM

Unless you adopted the child, normally you will not be held liable for any support of a step child,

a. where is this child's father, and is there not a child support order for that child agaist the child's bio father.

b. they can file that you filled and acted as the father, but since it has only been two years, it is doubtful it would be accepted by court.

Support is based on all income you have and also looks at what assets you do,

Are there any children that are born to you and your now ex ?

Georgia has a form that basically lists everything you own, all of your incomes for you and the ex, and from it, the court decides your child support in GA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If live with kids and mom do you still need to pay child support? [ 9 Answers ]

Here's a question I've been wondering. I separated from babies mom for few months, but been back together living together for the past month or so, here's question, is it even required for me to pay child support if I'm living with them full time then?

Can a step father be ordered to pay child support when boilogical isn't [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the process of divorce I was married for just under seven years I live in NY state and my wife had a child from a previous relationship she claims that she can order judge to make me pay child support how is this possible when the biological father is known. And not paying support

Does a step father pay child support. [ 13 Answers ]

My wife wants to end our marriage and has a 13 year old daughter living with us of whome I have had no relationship and or allowed to have a say in her journey to adulthood. My wife gets child support from the real father, so do I still pay child support after our marriage is over.

Can a step-parent be forced to pay child support for their spouses child? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend's husband has a child from a previous relationship that she just recently found out about. He has no relationship with this child but has been paying child support for the past 2 1/2 yrs. The child is presently 6yrs old. She has heard through a someone that knows the mother of the...

Does a step parent have to pay support for a child that is not his? [ 20 Answers ]

Canada laws please... Ihave custody of my daughter and she has chosen to go live with her father.. she is 13... I have remarried 7 years ago.. I don't work and have two more children to my husband. My ex wants to go to court and get support payments from my husband.. can he do this? :mad: So I...

View more questions Search