Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marktrille Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Home improvement grants for disabled
    I need to fix up an older home and was wondering how to get a grant. I am disabled since 1994. I need fixing up on the inside and outside of the house. I was wondering how to go about getting a grant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 02:11 PM

First you are "assuming" there are just grants for that.

Most grants go to large non profit groups in various areas that take applications from local residences.

With that other money is available for specific isues, such as MS

Then other money comes form groups like American Legion, or the VA for veterans.

Your first stop would be your city and county government office to ask if they are aware of any group with funds for helping disabled and low income.

After that you can check with some real estate brokers to what they are aware of.
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

May 30, 2010, 04:28 PM

Community Action, which is a state program, federally funded, does do limited home improvements. But it is not a guarantee, as the money is limited, so first come, first serve is usually the way it goes.

You could check that out. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Improvements grants for disabled [ 5 Answers ]

I am in need of grant money either government or private to use for remodeling the home that I own for handicap accesability, or possibly purchasing a home - a substantial amount is needed because the house is both old and small. Are there any legitimate resources free help with that ? I am a 44...

Home Improvement [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a Grant or assistance for home improvement. I am a disabled veteran and my home is in need of home improvement.

Disabled grants [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is disabled and she needs help in finding a grant to repair several things in her home due to a flood from a year or two ago, But the main concern is the septic system has backed up and has caused a sink hole in her yard and it smells horrible. Since this has happened I believe it has...

Grants for the Disabled. [ 19 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for disabled women? I have a friend who receives SSI. She's a paraplegic. Goes to school. But needs more money to live. Are there any grants available to someone in her situation?

Home improvement [ 1 Answers ]

When was ship lap used in Texas

View more questions Search