Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qedtanya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Volume on Insignia NS L55X 10A will not adjust though surround sound
    We just bought an Insignia NS L55X 10A and hooked it up to our blue ray player, cable box and stereo with HDMI cables and the digital audio cable goes from the TV to the amplifier but when we adjust the volume on the TV, it will not adjust the volume on the audio out. The speakers on the TV adjust but the sound coming out of the TV through audio out to the amplifier remains at full volume. What do we do?
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Feb 20, 2010, 10:32 PM

I take it you've hooked up the TV audio to the surround amp so you can enjoy the TV's sound through your surround system.

So what you do is turn down the TV's speakers and use the amplifier remote to control listening volume.

If it wasn't your intention to listen to TV through the surround system, just select a non-TV input on the amplifier while you watch TV (or turn the amplifier off!).

Daniel
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2010, 08:00 AM

As mentioned above, when you are using your attached sound system, turn the TV speakers all the way down. The Insignia TV remote is for adjusting the TV sound. Instead use the remote with your amplifier to adjust the volume for your sound system.

I'm not 100% sure if that model does variable audio output through analog audio cables, but some TVs do. What that means, is that the volume on the TV adjusts the level that is output to the amplifier. The only issue with this is that you now have two volume controls. One for the TV and one for the amp. In a situation like this, you could keep the amp turned up and use the TV volume on the TV only. However, some amps can still cause a little bit of noise to come through the speakers in a setup like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surround sound Hook Up [ 2 Answers ]

We've recently purchased a flat screen TV and have a DVD surround sound. We can only use the surround sound when we play a cd or dvd. When we play our regular TV we are not able to play it with the surround sound. Is this normal?:confused:

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best surround sound for a good price I'm not looking for something that's thousand of dollars but that's in the 200 to 500 range?

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best wireless surround sound system for home use? I really do not want to run wires throughout the room for the speakers.

View more questions Search