Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Hypertension
    Does getting an intravenious injection of fluids raise your blood pressure and is it safe when you are already being treated for hypertension?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 06:15 PM

Hydralazine (intravenous) is frequently used in delivery in pregnant women who have hypertension. Is that what you mean. It is a way of lowering their blood pressure in order for a safe birth, for mother and baby.

Is this the basis of your question? If not, clarify.

Tick
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Hydralazine (intravenous) is frequently used in delivery in pregnant women who have hypertension. Is that what you mean. It is a way of lowering their blood pressure in order for a safe birth, for mother and baby.

Is this the basis of your question? If not, clarify.

tick
    I was talking about myself. I take medicine for hypertension and get IV's with glutathione from another doctor. I was wondering if would raise my pressure because I am adding extra fluids.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2010, 06:38 PM

Why not ask the doctor?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 06:44 PM

This is one where of course just the stress of the medical treatment can often raise ones pressure, Mine goes up a lot when I go for some specific medical tests that I don't like.

But since you inform all of the doctors of any other medical treatment you get, both the doctor that treats you with IV should know about the other medical issue, and the other one should know about the IV and that medication.

If they don't know about each other, that is a very serious error on your part
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WMorg555 View Post
    I was talking about myself. I take medicine for hypertension and get IV's with glutathione from another doctor. I was wondering if would raise my pressure because I am adding extra fluids.
    You are making a serious mistake if one doctor doesn't know how the other is treating you. Taking meds for hypertension is good. Downside is high blood pressure is called the silent killer because you have no symptoms if something is wrong, a serious stroke is the result.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is term sounds like baybile hypertension? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the correct term or adjective that sounds like "baybile" hypertension?

Hypertension medicines [ 1 Answers ]

How to control hypertension. What are the medicines and what are the side effects.

Hypertension [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 26 and have had high blood pressure for 11 years. Does anyone know natural cures so I could cut down or eliminate medication. I exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke and am not overweight.

View more questions Search