Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boubou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Accord 2003 - Air filter screws stuck
    I just broke 2 phillips screwdrivers attempting to remove the air filter cover of my Accord 2003. Only one screw unlocked. Bad move, I used an impact driver on another one and lightly broke the pastic casing. It still seems usable. How do I remove these screws? Is drilling the screws off the only option?

Thx in advance.

P. Boubou
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2006, 02:01 PM
    Spray screws with PB Blaster, Kroil, Liquid Wrench, or WD-40. Let sit for awhile and those 8 mm fasteners should come off. If you've cracked the housing at all, you should seal it. Depending upon where the crack in the housing is, it could greatly increase silica levels in your oil, which would not be good for your engine.

I use a 8 mm nutdriver to tighten and loosen those screws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Honda Accord Stuck in Park [ 4 Answers ]

1998 Honda Accord intermittently won't shift out of park after use. Wheel is not locked, car starts but won't shift out of park. Sometimes releases after turning car off and restarting, other times requires several attempts. May go for days or weeks with no problems and then starts again. Brake,...

2003 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

My radio lights just stopped working. Cannot see any controls on the cd, radio, or air conditioner. Was wondering if any one might no what the problem might be. The radio works fine and everything else is fine, just don't have an illumination.

Run rules and alerts before junk email filter in Outlook 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

With SP1, Outlook 2003 stopped running rules on emails that were determined to be spam, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842510#XSLTH3133121121120121120120. Is there anyway I can have the rules run again? If not, how do I uninstall SP1? Thanks.

Honda Accord 2003 [ 0 Answers ]

Hey there I am looking for a picture of Honda Accord 2003 white or silver color with white leather inside ?

View more questions Search