Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corriehac Posts: 87, Reputation: -1

Nov 26, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Looking for family.my brothers dad died.
    My brothers dad died in a trucking wreck before he was born . My brothers name is christopher frances burns , I would love to have him meet his older siblings . His father was married before meeting my mother Gail Petit at the time. I know that his sisters names are lori burns of Pa and Kathy burns of pa and a brother Robert Burns of Pa. I rember them from when I was little. My brother has no ties to his past. I also rember an aunt and uncle by the names of aunt annamae and jerry burns. Jerry burns was his dad s brother. My brother is now 36. So I believe his dad died between 1969 and 1970. His dad lived in Pa. My mother went by the name gail burns sometimes. I keep thinking he had grandparents in east mckeesport pa but not sure. I am sure they are long gone.
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Dec 30, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Corrie, I know it's late, but I just saw this. I'm not seeing your brother's father's name here.

Do you know his first name?
    What city was your brother born in?

Dec 30, 2006, 08:20 PM
    I believe it was robert burns his oldest sons name is robert burns jr to a previos marriage. My brothers dad lived in penn. He worked for a trucking company and died hauling something. He has two older sisters also named lori burns and kathy burns last known to live in pa. I know his dad had a brother by the name of gerry burns married to a lady named annamae a long time ago. Thank you.

Dec 30, 2006, 08:23 PM
    My brother christopher frances burns born in mckeesport pa 1970 to gail marie sopelack (madien name) my mother is now deceased. His dads name was robert burns. Not sure of the middle name.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2006, 08:43 PM
    I found two Christopher F Burns that were 36 and a couple who were 35 ( sometimes searches have their years off by a couple years)

You can find some info at
    Intelius People Search - Public Records, Background Checks & More.

One of those may be the one you are looking for

Jan 2, 2007, 03:47 AM
    The genealogist in me has read too deeply here.

Do I understand right that Christopher is the one you know... and that it's his brother and sister Kathy and Robert Jr. that you are looking for?

Are you also looking for Robert Sr's two sisters Lori and Kathy - and his brother Gerry?

I was looking for a city where Robert Sr. died - to search from there... but I found a lot of Robert Burns in the Social Security Death Index for PA. Do you know what city or area he was in when he died?

Jan 2, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Christopher burns is my brother. Robert burns is his father deceased. Jerry burns is his fathers brother. Lori ,kathy and robert jr are chris's half brother and sisters. They are from a previous marriage. I believe my mother lived in either northversailles pa or east mckeesport pa ,or mckeesport pa , when chris's dad died. I believe there was a funeral home in white oak pa, is were the funeral was held, I was very young and don't rember the name. I do rember the green limo that they had, it was there trade mark. I know that his dad is barried in an unmarked grave on route 30 in a cematary I think is called lincon (not sure of the spelling) in pa. I believe it is located in north hunting pa. thank you very much for your efferts

Jan 2, 2007, 03:50 PM
    I think your best bet in this case is to search Burns' at www.smartpages.com in the cities you named. Don't be bashful, just give them a call and say who you're trying to reach.

I'd think, though, that Christopher making the call might be more productive than you making it and saying you're calling for him.

Much of my genealogical searching is for living cousins, so I go through this a lot. You just call and be honest. It's been my experience that if they don't know who you're looking for, they'll tell you flat out. Some will know, but not be interested in hearing from him, but typically can tell from what they say if this is the case or not.

Jan 3, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Ty
    rcb142 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
    I am Robby Burns... your half-brother... please contact me at [email protected]

Robert Burns was my dad...
    laurie_anne142 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by corriehac
    My brothers dad died in a trucking wreck before he was born . My brothers name is christopher frances burns , i would love to have him meet his older siblings . His father was married before meeting my mother Gail Petit at the time. I know that his sisters names are lori burns of Pa and Kathy burns of pa and a brother Robert Burns of Pa. I rember them from when i was little. My brother has no ties to his past. I also rember an aunt and uncle by the names of aunt annamae and jerry burns. Jerry burns was his dad s brother. My brother is now 36. So i believe his dad died between 1969 and 1970. His dad lived in Pa. My mother went by the name gail burns sometimes. I keep thinking he had grandparents in east mckeesport pa but not sure. I am sure they are long gone.
    Hi Corrie we have been searching for you guys for years, this is laurie. I think cathi and robby have already responded. My cell number is 724-493-8657. I was so excited when I saw your posting, we all are, can't wait to talk to you guys.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Pat and laurie, I have forwarded your posts to his email address, in case he is not checking the AMHD board on a regular basis.
    173l LILY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by corriehac
    My brothers dad died in a trucking wreck before he was born . My brothers name is christopher frances burns , i would love to have him meet his older siblings . His father was married before meeting my mother Gail Petit at the time. I know that his sisters names are lori burns of Pa and Kathy burns of pa and a brother Robert Burns of Pa. I rember them from when i was little. My brother has no ties to his past. I also rember an aunt and uncle by the names of aunt annamae and jerry burns. Jerry burns was his dad s brother. My brother is now 36. So i believe his dad died between 1969 and 1970. His dad lived in Pa. My mother went by the name gail burns sometimes. I keep thinking he had grandparents in east mckeesport pa but not sure. I am sure they are long gone.
    Hi Corry
    I know Laurie and Cathi contacted you recently. I would love to talk with you! I am Chirs's dad's first wife. I hope you remember me as well as "Abe" I was pretty close to you all till your mom moved and we lost contact.
    Please email me when you can. We are ready to "adopt" all of you into our already huge family.
    Janice Tokarsky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brothers dream:-symbol=dog [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't dream this dream so I don't know any details but my brother told me that the most important symbol was a dogt peeing. Can anyone help interpret this symbol?Thanks in advance :)

80s Movie Title: involves Brothers Grimm [ 4 Answers ]

This is a movie I watched every year on the Disney channel as a kid, but I can't remember the name of it. It was basically about the Brothers Grimm. They're on some kind of trip and decide to cut through some forest to get to wherever faster, only it turns out it's an enchanted forest, and they...

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Loved by two brothers? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm china and I'm the one who wrote last time on the topic "should i give his brother a chance" and the one who wrote "help me plese i'm confused' right now the guy that I truly like is here in the US and well we have been communicating through e-mail. The problem that I have now is that his...

Brothers... [ 28 Answers ]

OK, so I have 5 brothers all very different characters. The oldest Martin, is 35yrs - outgoing, but also laid back, a good sense of humoursettle with kids and we get on well. Darren is about 33yrs very quiet and has a shy factor, but has a great sense of humour, happilt married with children...

View more questions Search