Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alibro Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Paintings by C. Loft
    Hello Everyone!
    I have a beautiful large colourful painting with lots of gold colour too - think it an oil painting - of four females playing musical instruments - signature appear to say C. Loft -does anyone know anything about this artist C. Loft? Or have any paintings by C. Loft that are similar?
    I googled and found very little information - there is a C. Loft and a painting sold in S. Africa - but it seems totally different from mine - perhaps there is another C. Loft
    dan9969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 12:28 PM
    I too have a C. Loft painting, of a man and woman reclining on a futon. It is a modern art type of painting. Have you found anything more about C. Loft?
    gpear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2010, 09:02 AM
    I too have a painting by C. Loft. South France setting (maybe?) of oceanside villa. I can't find anything much on this artist, but would love to know more. I'm in Tulsa, OK. Where are you others located? I'm wondering if C. Loft is local to the region.
    gpear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2010, 09:02 AM
    I too have a painting by C. Loft. South France setting (maybe?) of oceanside villa. I can't find anything much on this artist, but would love to know more. I'm in Tulsa, OK. Where are you others located? I'm wondering if C. Loft is local to the region.
    Jellybabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 07:23 AM
    Also have C Loft oil - also looks llike South of France. Any further info on artist?
    bribiebell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 09:27 PM
    I also have a CLoft oil piainting original, its of a Man & Woman standing at the bottom of a long walkway with coastal villas and gardens on the left and oceanside on there right of the path with a peir. CLoft is signed in red on the bottom right. Its painted on canvas board. If only I knew what the C stands for. Male?Female? Artist. I am from Australia
    seeker5812 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 09:50 AM
    The name is CLOFT not C. Loft... check this web address:
    http://www.outercapeartauctions.net/past%20auctions/21603.htm

Scroll down to 190

Hope this will help you.
    Mickig555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2011, 03:05 PM
    Hey has anyone found any information on this artist yet? I just acquired a beautiful painting of waves signed by C. LOFT all capital letters in red on the right lower corner. It is either Oil on Canvas or Acrylic on Canvas. I really think it is oil.. but, I cannot find any information about the name of this piece or who C. LOFT is.. I know there is an artict CLOFT.but I do think these are 2 different people. On line I see a few with the red signature to the lower right like mine. (same artist) I also seen some where the signature is on the left lower corner in eiether black or dark blue. BUT can't tell if it is the same signature. ANY help is appreciated. THANKS..

Sep 14, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Hello
    No I have not got any more information about painting I have and artist who I am sure says C. Loft.
    I did get a message saying name is Cloft and not C. Loft.
    However when I keep looking at the signature I am very sure it C. Loft.
    Signature in the painting I have is at bottom right of picture and is in red too.
    I been in contact with few art dealers but they too have come to a dead end.
    I always hope that one day the actual artist sees our messages and shed some light about himself or herself.
    Mickig555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2011, 04:27 PM
    Well thanks for replying Alibro... sounds like we have the same artist. =) My picture is of waves.. I have taken a picture of it along with the signature and submitted it to a few sites.. BUT no luck. I can't even find another picture with Waves from this artist. Seems like he or she paints a lot of different scenes, does not stick with a theme like most artist do. So that is interesting to me. Good Luck in your search. If I find anything helpful I will post.
    deezire11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2011, 11:18 AM
    hi I have a oil painting of a cottage in the countryside near woodland. By c loft nice little oil painting.8''x 5''
    does anyone recognise this artist or media.I don't have any information.thank you

Nov 22, 2011, 12:51 AM
    Hi
    I don't have any information about C Loft at all.
    That why I put my question like yours in.
    It good to know that there are a few of us who want to know more about the artist.
    Good luck if you get any information at all.
    rnoss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 09:04 AM
    I just bought a C. Loft painting at a yard sale (I got it for $5 and it's a gorgeous painting, probably the best deal I've found on art) and found this page while trying to figure out who he/she was. Mine is acrylic on canvas, signature is red in all caps on the bottom right corner. The scene is a river in the autumn, looking down the stream with trees on either side. The colors suggest New England, but that might just be my bias. I'm in Massachusetts, a few miles North of Boston.
    rnoss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 09:05 AM
    I just bought a C. Loft painting at a yard sale (I got it for $5 and it's a gorgeous painting, probably the best deal I've found on art) and found this page while trying to figure out who he/she was. Mine is acrylic on canvas, signature is red in all caps on the bottom right corner. The scene is a river in the autumn, looking down the stream with trees on either side. The colors suggest New England, but that might just be my bias. I'm in Massachusetts, a few miles North of Boston.
    lvcurrier Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Did you ever find an answer to your question? I just bought a painting by C. Loft and it was of women in a café, very bright and vibrant colors, modern style. I haven't receive it yet, but it looks gorgeous. I notice there are paintings that are both of women, modern with vibrant colors and others that are country scenes in subtle colors. My is signed C. Loft in red in the lower right hand corner. I am very intrigued by this painter. The art is all over the world. But I question if it is the same artist since the subjects are so different, but they have the same name.

Apr 9, 2012, 12:50 AM
    Hi

No I have not had any answer to my question. I agree with you as to whether it is the same artist. Mine is picture of 4 women playing musical instruments in modern, strong and vibrant colours too.

I wish the artist or artists would look into 'Ask Me' and answer for us!

Apr 9, 2012, 06:36 AM
    What part of the country/world did you buy yours? I just ordered mine from Florida. I'll have to ask where they got it from. It does seem that ours are similar in subject. What I find the most odd is his/her stuff is all over the world (assuming they are the same artist). I asked one vendor who was selling a more traditional piece and they recalled the artist being a student of master painter from the San Francisco Bay area. He's owned the 'tradtional' painting some years and threw out the info. I asked several other vendors and none know of him/her. One vendor was selling a piece that seemed to be a replica from Gustav Klimt and she guessed the artist was more of a 'copycat', replicating famous paintings, but really had no idea. It intrigues me that someone of that talent would stay hidden and keep himself unknown. I would love to hear from others that also own paintings by C. Loft, what the style is, and where they bought it.

Apr 9, 2012, 03:28 PM
    I bought my picture in Greece - while on holiday there back in 2002. If the painting I have is a copy I would be very surprised - as the material the painting is on does not feel like paper, but I am no expert!

Apr 10, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Wow, Greece! I didn't mean to imply that yours wasn't original... the one seller told me she thought C. Loft liked to copy the works of master painters, rather than creating something unique. Either way, his paintings are originals made by him. I wish he/she would make himself known so as to solve the mystery. So, these paintings have turned up in Greece, US, England, S. Africa and New Zealand. I would love to hear from others who own his/her paintings and tell us where they bought it, when they bought it and what the subject is.

Apr 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
    That OK, I was not offended in any way.
    Like you I do want to know more about this artist and see all paintings that has been drawn by this artist.
    I get frustrated when I hit a brick wall whenever I surf for this artist online with name or key words.
    Also over years whenever I past an art shop / display / museum I keep a look out to see if I have copy or find other paintings by this C. Loft - and I can't help thinking I must have an original!
    Oh well, one can only hope!
    Hope other people who have paintings by C. Loft replies to you with where / when / subject...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Building a Loft Floor [ 4 Answers ]

I have an attached 3 car garage with sheet rocked house walls & ceiling. The rest is bare studs. Wall studs were added to separate the 3rd bay from the other 2, after the house was finished (no footing, just built on top of garage floor.) I am now building a workshop in that 3rd bay & want a...

Loft Fan [ 1 Answers ]

The fan in my loft is suddenly not working. Fuse box is okay, so it may be that it needs to be replaced. Would you call an electrician, or an air conditioner service? Is it possible you can easily replace this on your own. I am concerend I was told to not shut it down in the summer. Thanks in...

My loft smells and I can't figure out why [ 5 Answers ]

Holy guacamole, does our loft smell. It smells like sewage and mold at times, so maybe this is what is causing the smell, but not 100% certain. I live in a loft that I had redone and have lived here for 3 years. For the last 3-6 months there has been a smell that comes and goes. The...

Covering cabling with loft insulation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have just had our loft insulated by a professional firm, and in the loft they have left a checklist (which is not checked) which has a number of questions on it. One of the questions is something like "has all cabling of more than 5a been left uncovered?" They have not left any of the...

Loft conversion [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to convert our attic into a bedroom. Where do I start? The roof structure needs changing, do I need planning permission?

View more questions Search