Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROTAX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 08:37 AM
    India tax answers on line
    I am planning to work as a self-employed contractor in India from April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011.

1. Must I report my s/e income to India on a fiscal year-end basis (Apr/10 to Mar/11)?
    2. Do I have to make instalment or estimated payments in advance of filing the Indian tax return bearing in mind that I will not be starting the work until April 1, 2010?

Thanks,

RJ
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Feb 21, 2010, 09:51 AM

Talk to MukatA
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 04:06 AM

This forum is about the U.S. taxes. For India taxes you can post at mytaxes - Index

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US-India Tax treaty for students from India [ 13 Answers ]

I found out that for Students from India studying in USA under US-India Tax treaty , I can claim $5450 standard exemption under Article 21(2) . IS this true? Thaks in advance!

USA-India tax treaty: are benefits subject to tax? [ 3 Answers ]

I have worked in the USA for two short stints over the last decade. On both occasions, under the terms of the USA-India tax treaty, I was treated as exempt from payment of taxes in the USA. Now, having reached the age of retirement I am now entitled to withdraw my benefits. My employers had...

OPT Tax Issue & India tax treaty [ 5 Answers ]

I came to the US as a student and have been here since Dec 2006. I graduated in June 2008 and have filed taxes for my 2007 income that I earned working at the University in NY. In 2008, I worked at the University in NY while studying and continued on OPT after graduating. Since September 2008, I am...

India tax treaty exemption on California state tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was a full time employee from working on OPT from 01/01/07 to 09/30/07 and then was on H1-B status from 10/01/07 to 12/31/07. I am filing my 1040 nr for federal and would like to know answers to following questions: 1. what is the india tax treaty exemption for 2007 2. Is the standard...

How does the US/India tax treaty affect the state tax refund? [ 3 Answers ]

The people who make International Student Taxes have put a special resource page for Indians. International Student Taxes | Resources | Students from India I am stuck on a point in this page. To quote: "2. If you took the standard deduction last year, do not put anything on Line 4 of...

View more questions Search