Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tromba1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 10:47 PM
    Does Ghana charge a declaration fee for citizens to travel abroad?
    My fiancé, who lives in Accra, Ghana, has been told she must provide a $6000 declaration fee to the embassy before they will let her travel to the US on a tourist visa. The money will be given to her along with her passport, visa, and plane ticket, which I have already purchased for her. She was originally told the fee was $1000, which I also paid. On the same day she paid the embassy with the money I sent to her, they told her they had made a mistake and the fee was actually $6000. She has tried to negotiate this fee down with no success. Is this $6000 declaration fee legitimate?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 20, 2010, 12:32 AM
    This is a well known SCAM!

Have you physically met this person?
    They attempt to get as much money as possible from their marks and then disappear.
    Refer to this sticky: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/visas-...ms-442160.html
    Jim217 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2010, 10:18 AM
    I think your friend is trying to scam you. In my opinion
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 2, 2010, 11:13 AM
    Scam!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana passport fee for Ghana citizens [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know,the cost of a Ghanaian citizen is required to pay in Ghana,when applying for a new passport,for the first time, The person resides in Tema,and does he need to travel to Accra,to apply for a passport.

Declaration Fee to travel to the US [ 3 Answers ]

:mad:I have a lady friend that says I need to give her $ 6000.00 to meet the requirement of the Declaration Fee for her to travel to the US. Is this true.

Ghana Citizen Declaration Fee to Visit USA [ 5 Answers ]

Would some one know the proper amount of the Declaration Fee Note for a Ghanaian Citizen to leave Accra and visit the USA, Ga. For a period of approximatley 60 days. The Passport and Visa has been issued and the flight ticket has been purchased. But I was told that the Declaration Fee to exit...

Statuary declaration fee for ghana [ 3 Answers ]

Is there an actuall fee, how much, or is this a scam?

Ghana Declaration Fee [ 13 Answers ]

OK... this appears bogus. From what I've searched, this is like a BTA or PTA type fee which was discontinued. Maybe I'm wrong but is this valid. No way that I'm sending money... this person is on their own. Sent to me probably to see if I would react. The statutory declaraton fee imposed...

View more questions Search