Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smh0621 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 09:12 PM
    I am 37 weeks pregnant and feel sharp pains
    I have been having braxton hicks and there are times when I have them and I feel a sharp pain in upper thighs inside my crouch. There are also times that I am having braxton hicks and it feels like she is pushing down. At my last dr appointment on Wednesday and my doctor told me I am dilated 2 cm and effaced 50% I am wondering if these pains are helping me dilate or efface?and also if it would be safe to travel 2 hour trip?
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 19, 2010, 09:25 PM

I remember that pain.

Round ligament pain generally refers to a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache that pregnant women commonly feel in the lower abdomen or groin, starting in the second trimester.

You may feel round ligament pain as a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting out of bed or out of a chair or when you cough, roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub. You may feel it as a dull ache after a particularly active day — when you've been walking a lot or doing some other physical activity.

The round ligaments surround your uterus in your pelvis. As your uterus grows during pregnancy, the ligaments stretch and thicken to accommodate and support it. These changes can occasionally cause pain on one or both sides of your abdomen.

You may feel the pain starting from deep inside your groin, moving upward and outward on either side to the top of your hips.

Round ligament pain | BabyCenter

You are pretty far along in your pregnancy. It would be up to how close you were to the hospital while traveling, just in case you go into labor. I remember not traveling the last month, because the baby felt so low, it was very uncomfortable. Ultimately, it's up to your comfort level and availability of care should you need it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp pain in stomach 16 weeks pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and having really bad sharp pains inside my stomach (inside and around the belly button) It's been like this for a few days and seems to get worse every day. It feels like it's brused very bad in the inside. I can't hardly pick my daughter up and when I'm holding her in my...

Sharp pains [ 3 Answers ]

hi guys I had full sex with my boyfriend last night, and I got a sharp pains on the right hand side of my tummy (low down not sure what its called) any ideas what it could be? Much appricated !=) xxx

Sharp pains. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm almost 22 weeks pregnant and I have been having sharp pains all over my stomach.. my dr isn't a help at all and he makes me mad at time.. he also told me that I have a growth on my utures and don't know what it could be.. me and my fiancée are worried that something is wrong with the baby...

Sharp stabbing pains under left rib *possibly 8 weeks or more* [ 3 Answers ]

I have this sharp stabbing pain on the bottom left side of my ribcage. I got a positive pregnancy test about 3 weeks ago and I have no idea how far along I am. Probably 8 weeks or more. The pain feels like those cramps you get when you run too much, but I didn't go running or do anything. When...

6 weeks pregnant and can feel a knot? [ 4 Answers ]

So, I am only 6 weeks pregnant. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a small raise in my lower pelvic area. Now the raise or bump has gotten bigger. Is it possible that this is the baby? I know that they baby is not even 1/2 and inch yet. I took Clomid so I have a higher risk for multiples. If I am...

View more questions Search