Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huitcilop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 05:05 PM
    I have 3 year old son hi don't walk and don't talk
    I have 3 years old son. He doesn’t walk and talk either. He can spell only AAAAA, BBBBB, and OOOOAAOOA. He can sit almost all day long with no problem, and can grab things near. I went to many different doctors (neurologist, psychologist, podiatrist, orthopedist. Muscle test, and still same answer: We can not find anything strange, except that he is going up very slow, but without reason. He is very lovely and smiles very much, and likes to play with him. Loves to watch soccer games on TV and cartoons. Help please.
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Feb 19, 2010, 05:46 PM

Depending on where you live, there should be a Regional Center (a place that works with children with disabilities) that you can call and see if they recommend a physical therapist that could come and work with him. (He may not have a disablity, but these people should know who can help you.)

You can call your local hospital's social worker to find out which center might be able to help. They have therapists that diagnose what the problem is and refer out what could be a solution plan. The social worker is used to working with parents to refer children to a center where there are services that can properly help a child that is behind.

The County Social Services should also have a number for a Regional Center too.
    1flwrgrl Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2010, 08:55 PM

In my area, the school system tests children age0-5, and it is free. They can hook you up with services, etc.. Good program. Try your local school district.
    feroluce Posts: 30, Reputation: 7

Nov 25, 2010, 10:32 AM
    Above all, don't worry about it.
    Unless somebody tells you that something is wrong, worrying about it is a waste of energy.

My roommate in University didn't speak until he was 12, he's got a couple of degrees under his belt now.
    We're all different.
    Your son is just learning about the world in an unconventional way.
    huitcilop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Thank you , all of you, for your support, and giving me the other side of wiev, and giving me more strength . Thank you.
    P.S. (sorry for my bad english)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old doesn't talk or walk [ 5 Answers ]

[Hi, I have a 3yr old son who doesn't talk and has only started walking with the aide of a grandpa frame. He has had all different test done but will still don't have any answers. He's a very lovable boy and understands every thing you say to him, can any one help me. Regards Nicole

Don't know how to talk to girls [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not sure how to talk to girls like on msn I don't have anything to talk about and I don't want to keep asking questions, it will get boring and also I don't know what attitude I am supposed to have around women.

Talking but don't know if I can talk [ 1 Answers ]

OK so one Facebook this girl blocked me. I want to talk to her but I can't because she blocked me. So is there anyway a person can talk to the person that blocked here is an easier way. say X blocked Z. is there anyway for Z to talk X.even though Z is blocked. I hope u guys can under stand

Don't want a boyfriend but want someone to talk to as one? [ 2 Answers ]

OK well I'm over my X now thank you to those who help on my las questions. And now I want to be single for a while. I dotn want to be with anyone at all for the moment. But I do want someone to be able to go to and someone to be able to talk to and someone whose going to be there for me for...

View more questions Search