Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mulattomama Posts: 36, Reputation: 7

Feb 19, 2010, 02:30 PM
    What to do when someone dies in Illinois
    My father-in-law died recently and my husband is the exector of his estate. He had a living will and his assets were in a trust with my husband named. Aside from filing the will with the Cook County clerk, what else needs to be done? He had a modest home not worth more than $60,000 and not much else. We all reside in IL.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 20, 2010, 12:26 AM

The term "living will" is misleading. It normally describes a document containing instructions regarding artificial life support. If he is dead, such a document would no longer have any consequence. I understand, however, that you may mean an actual "last will and testament".

Is your husband the trustee? Are there multiple beneficiaries?

You should see an Illinois attorney to see what, of anything needs to be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to relocate from Illinois. [ 6 Answers ]

I want to move out of Illinois . I do not have a court agreement with the father but his name is on the Birth Certificate.He does not pay child support and there are no legal arrangements. He has contact with our son when he wants. What do I need to do so he can't keep me here?I am planning to stay...

Parole in Illinois [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was in on a parole violation and the board told him they would re parole him he would be out in about a week. He called and said they would just call that the day he gets out and tell me to come get him that day does anyone know if this is true? And how long do u think it will be till...

CC debt in Illinois [ 2 Answers ]

Due to my wife and I losing our jobs two years ago, plus my heart surgery, we can no longer pay our CC debt (we were current on $123,000 in CC debt until 5/08). Our savings are gone. She now has a part-time job and I do what I can on eBay, but it's barely enough to pay our expenses, not counting...

Eviction Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict a tenant withou a lease in Illinois?

View more questions Search