Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soggycrackers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 10:06 AM
    How do I un-allocate a partition?
    I recently replaced my motherboard with one that can burn a full recovery to an unallocated portion of the drive on which the OS resides. My hard drive had 5 partitions; operating system, programs, data, multimedia and working. I deleted the first 2 and reloaded the operating system and then tried using Disk Management to delete the 'working' partition and create a smaller working partition and the unallocated space required for the recovery file. No dice.
    Is there any way to accomplish this w/o starting from scratch?
    Thanks for any help.
    GuyWithoutGlasses Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 03:35 PM
    I have used http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page to partition my drive. It OUGHT to work for you. Worst case scenario: You get a bootable rescue CD you should already have :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I set up my MS VPN to allocate an alternate destination? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of moving some of my application files and the user profiles with that application from one server to another to free up space on my domain controller. I have tested my brainstorm of simply deleting the application settings for that user from the domain controller and...

Partition Magic [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to move executable files (programs) from one partition to another? I am running Partition Magic Ver. 8 Thanks in advance

Partition or not? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maxtor hard drive with 41 GB of free space and 16GB of used space.It never really differs from this. Should I compress the drive which is a option in the Properties folder for the drive or partition and if so how? Thanks

View more questions Search