Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiritualbeing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 04:45 AM
    My wife says I'm too talkative.Can you help me define TOO TALKATIVE
    My wife says that I'm too talkative.I understand what too talkative means however I view my talks as sometimes important (discussing problems/issues).Also when my wife has something to say I feel I may need to ask questions to clarify what she means.If my wife says something that I feel I have the solution to I willingly share it with her.So please define TOO TALKATIVE from my wife's point of view.I am in a relationship with a lady from the Philippines however in my relationships with western women I have never been told I'm too talkative.So could it be a cultural thing?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2010, 05:23 AM
    The only person who can define what she means by that is your wife.
    Ask her how these situations are handled in her culture.

Generally speaking,my opinion is that a lot of women need to vent and get emotional upsets off their chests before sitting down and finding logical solutions to problems.

So listen first and leave the questions till later.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 06:37 AM

Only your wife can answer this question for you. From what you describe you are exhibiting typical male behavior. No offense to women, but us men aren't the most quick to pick up subtle hints so we may have to ask questions to make sure we get things right
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 08:53 AM

Only your wife can define too talkative as it applies to you. Are you sure that you are just too talkative and maybe not just being overbearing? Be certain you are only discussing and not trying to tell her what she should and shouldn't do.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 09:34 AM

No offense but this sounds like an issue that should have been clarified before you got married.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 09:48 AM

Maybe she thinks you are trying to fix the problem when she only wants to vent over it (at first). Try being quiet and see if she talks more (to fill the vacuum). Be a listener for a while. You might be surprised.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 10:19 AM

Maybe she means you're a lousy listener. Sometime females are not asking for solutions to problems, but just venting. Sometimes hugs are better than words to address needs.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2010, 10:24 AM

I would say that "too talkative" means that you are talking too much and not listening enough.
    iwas30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 06:55 AM
    I think there is a difference between having a conversation (respectful talking and listening), and being overbearing. My husband has started talking so much that it is overwhelming. For me it feels very hyperactive, pressing, and all over the map from one topic to the next. I want to shut down and put my hands on my ears because there is so much talk from him that it makes me feel pressure and stress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I be more talkative and open? [ 9 Answers ]

Well I'm usually a really shy person,I mean most people at my school have never heard me talk. But when I'm with my friends you just about can't get me to shut up. And this year I'm starting tech school and when me and my dad went down to check it out I was suppose to be asking as many questions as...

How can I be less talkative [ 6 Answers ]

I talk too much... sometimes I speak without thinking what I'm talking about. When I talk with my friends or colleagues I can't decide what to say and what to hide... sometimes I feel so bad... how can I be a less talkative person?

How can I be more talkative and less shy? [ 28 Answers ]

Well, I'm 20 yo guy and I never had a relationship of any kind with any girl, when I say any kind I mean *ANY*, I don't know how's the feeling of a kiss. I know how weird is to be 20 and never ever kissed a girl... but I like girls and I do feel that "butterflys in my stomache" feeling for a...

I'm not talkative around him, [ 5 Answers ]

Okay well there's this guy I was with him for like 3 weeks, Yes I know that's a little bit , But I brokeup with him because we would hangout everyday but Most of the time we were quiet:( we were not talkative & I'm very shy with him. . I still like him and he still likes me What should I...

My Son, 12 yo, is too talkative, how to guide him ? [ 2 Answers ]

When watching TV programs, he likes to talk about the story to the family members, as if they are not watching the program... We have to ask him to shut up his mouth sometimes. How to guide him in order to stop this bad habit ? What occupation is most suitable for him in the future ?

View more questions Search