Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sploggly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Mirror tiles in a bathroom
    Hello Experts

I am planning to mirror tile the walls around the bath/shower area in my bathroom.

I will probably use 30cm sq mirror tiles from Ikea. These come with s/a pads which I assume will not be up to the job in a bathroom. I found from searching this forum that there is a product called mirror mastic which sounds suitable.

The wall is currently tiled and I would ideally like to tile on top of the existing surface.

There is only myself and my boyfriend that will be using the bathroom so I'm not too worried about steam damage etc.

Questions :confused:

Is this feasible?

Is mirror mastic the best thing to use?

Will expansion space need to be left around the tiles (again, we only have quick showers so I wouldn't expect the tiles to heat up too much)?

If a gap needs to be left, could I paint the underlying tiles so that the exposed gap lines look like grout lines?

Will the tiles need to be sealed around edges or back so that the mirroring doesn't come off?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

My bathroom is very small so I thought that mirroring would be a good way of making the room look bigger.

Thanks in advance

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror tiles [ 6 Answers ]

Recently I bought some mirror wall tiles and when I asked how to cut them the Home Depot employee said the only thing I could use was a little red tool with a tiny metal wheel on the end. I've about ruined all of the one package of tiles trying to cut a straight line. I must not be strong enough to...

Film on mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice on the best way to clean mirrors. W are non smokers, however,it seems if there is a film on my mirrors. Also, any ideas on the best way to clean windows. My windows are old and have to be removed from the outside

Cutting Mirror Tiles [ 2 Answers ]

I am putting in a backsplash of 6" square, beveled mirror tiles (the kind you find in crafts stores). We would like to cut rectangular holes in the tile for electrical outlets? Is there a way to do this? I have bought some extra tiles, but certainly not enough to have too many failures. These...

Rotted green board behind bathroom tiles [ 1 Answers ]

I began to repair some cracked grout in my shower stall and as I was raking it out, 4 tiles just pushed into the wall. The cracks had let in water and the green board behind it was wet and crumbled. Can I patch this with a new piece of green board or should I have a pro come in and rip out all of...

Man in the Mirror... what life is all about... [ 4 Answers ]

More on loving yourself first... this is step one and must be completed before you even consider a serious relationship... When you get all you want and you struggle for self, and the world makes you king for a day, then go to the mirror and look at yourself and see what that man has...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.