Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    125 William Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 12:49 AM
    Can Personal CC Judgement freeze SB corporate account?
    I could not afford to stay in my apartment any more. I was informed by my old roommate that I received a court summance from the attorneys of the CC company. I am out of state and not able to file the answer or show up at court.I called them and told them this.I offered them to pay something /mo but it was too low and told me , that I will have a judgement against me.I have nothing, only a small business (corporation) with very limited founds on it time to time. Can they freeze my corporate account? What is your advise I should do at this point?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 01:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 125 William View Post
    I... Can they freeze my corporate account? What is your advise I should do at this point?
    They will first have to find out that you own the corporation. Are you shown on documents filed with the state when the corporation was created? If not, they will find it difficult to learn your ownership interest in the corporation (unless they order a judgment debtor examination, in which case you will probably have to tell them about it).

If and when they find out that you own the corporation, they would have to get the court to order that the corporation be liquidated to satisfy your judgment debt.

So it can be done, but is somewhat complicated.

Feb 19, 2010, 05:09 AM
    Thank you so much for your answer AK layer.
    I have to put $2500.00 on my account a client wrote out for a job, but I will have to also pay vendors and sales tax right the way. I am concerned, that they would take the money.
    They have not sent me anything besides the summance for me to file the answer. As I mentioned I am out of state and I do not have the money to travel.
    I offered them $50.00/ month to pay towards the money I owe $13,000.00 but they refused it.
    Any other advise you may have, I thank you very much for it.
    This is driving me crazy mentally.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 19, 2010, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 125 William View Post
    I have to put $2500.00 on my account a client wrote out for a job, but I will have to also pay vendors and sales tax right the way. I am concerned, that they would take the money.

... I owe $13,000.00 but ...
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying about $2,500. This is money received from another customer for another job?

You do realize that they cannot just take the money; they have to get a judgment first? If you have any defense to the claim you should file an answer in the time specified in the summons. Do this by mailing it to the court with a copy to the plaintiff's attorney.

If they are suing you in another state, they will have to register their judgment, when they get it, in your state before they can execute upon it in your state.

Feb 19, 2010, 04:24 PM
    The $2500 is what my costumer is paying me for a job.
    I had to leave my rented apartment, but my old roommate received the summance.
    He informed me. I called the attorneys and told them I am not there anymore and I do not have the money to travel.
    I will have to find out if I still have enough time to file the answer. I thought it had to be done in person. I will contact them ASAP.
    They told me if I will not show up on court , they will have a default judgment against me.When I called the attorneys Today , they told me they have filed a complain on the court for default payment. I was just concerned to deposit the money, I do not want to lose it. How do I find out if they have passed a judgment against me? Do they have to notify me or at one point my business account will be frozen?
    Hoy have been very helpful - thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal liability for a corporate credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

We were shareholders in a TX corporation, which is out of business after having its assets surrendered to the bank holding an SBA loan. We are now getting telephone demands for personal repayment of the outstanding credit card debt, including calls at my new place of employment, claiming that we...

Judgement may Freeze Bank Account [ 4 Answers ]

Good Day, I would like to know if it's legal for a Law Office to purchase my credit card debt from a creditor and then sue me for an amount more than 3x the amout I owed initially. This law office has a judgement against me and have frozen my account before. I originally agreed to pay them,...

Can they levy a corporate account if the judgment is personal [ 1 Answers ]

They levied my personal bank account. It is a credit card judgment, can they also levy my corporate account? Logic dictates that they can not because it is a separate entity. We all know that logic is for idiots so that's why I am inquiring. Thank you.

Have a judgement ny against me.can they block my corporate bank acct [ 12 Answers ]

Have a 150,000 personal judgement against me... can they hurt or lien my corporation in ny that I just started.. or in any way lien my company bank account?. I put my wife down as the secretary.. Thanks very much for the feedback... how do the atrticles of inc need to be set up?. I already set...

Freeze on bank account due to a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bank account with just two deposits both direct from federal agencies. One is social security and the other is disability retirement from postal system. There are no comingled funds. In the state of Texas I have a judgement against me. Is this legaly enforceable to freeze my account...

View more questions Search