Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SummerNicole10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 12:27 PM
    Want custody of my younger sister.
    Im almost 19 and my sister is almost 15. She lives with her mom and our father. Ive recently come across some information that was not good. She hates living there and they treat her badly. I would like to get custody of her rather than her being sent to a foster home. I can provide for her everything she needs. I want to know if its even possible to do this? Also I live in Ohio.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 01:04 PM

You could petition the court for guardianship over your sister. But you'll have to convince the court that its in your sisters best interest to be with you. They'll want to know why she shouldn't be with her parents. Does treating her badly mean they are abusive or that they have strict rules like she can't go out to parties? Most 19 year olds can't even support themselves. The court will want to know how you are going to support you and your sister. And you'll need proof for everything. Yours and her word alone won't get you anywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older sister wants custody of younger brother [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 25-year-old woman seeking custody of my 16-year-old brother who is out of control in my mother's care. We are technically half siblings, but I raised him. His biological father is my stepdad, who adopted me when I was 13. My parents both worked a lot and so I was left to care for my brother...

Adopting younger brother and sister [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22 and I was wondering what the chances are of being able to adopt my brother and sister. They are 4 and 7 and our mother left us a couple of years back to go and live with some guy. We haven't heard from her so I've been bringing them up plus she was always out so I brought them up before...

Why is my younger sister so evil [ 13 Answers ]

Sorry if it seems I am jumping from subject to subject, I am just so stressed out and this is my first time on this web site, just looking for advice, she is just so smart mouth I have not seen her since she was 15 years old and now she is 24, she is a vegetarian, I am not, which is okay, I buy all...

View more questions Search