Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Nov 25, 2006, 11:01 PM
    Rash or itchy bumps all over my torso
    I will try to explain as best I can and see if anyone on here know what this is. I can't get to the doctor until mid week, so I am just wondering.

I have a rash and/or bumps that itch in various places on my torso. They have come and gone for the past 3 weeks or so and in different places on the torso. Some days, my stomach is completely clear, other times the bumps appear. Same with my back, etc.

My obvious thought is that I am allergic to something, but I have been trying to think of what has changed in my life in the past month that would have brought it about, and I can't come up with anything. A few things that may help:

1. I have cats, and they sleep in my bed, however I have had them for over a year with no problems at all.

2. 95% of the time, the condition only appears at night (but prior to getting in bed).

3. I drink a lot of coffee, but the intake hasn't really changed.

4. I eat a lot of seafood, but the intake hasn't really changed.

5. I work out at a gym and use their towels to work out with.

Here are some pics. Any thoughts?

somanyquestions Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 11:18 PM
    It definitely seems like your allergic to SOMETHING... Laundry detergent maybe? Im not sure.. But it looks pretty bad...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 26, 2006, 06:29 AM
    I tend to agree with the allergy. You should be using your own towels at the gym. It is possible they are not sterile or they could have changed laundry soap and you are allergic to it.

Have you changed laundry soap or body soap lately?

This is definitely an allergic reaction of some sort.
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Dec 3, 2006, 10:36 PM
    I figured it out, it was the towels at my new gym. I must be allergic to their detergent. I finally figured it out when one night it was ALL OVER one side of my stomach, and not on the other. Then I remembered that I wiped that specific area with a gym towel that day, but not the other side. I started bringing my own towel to the gym and have been fine since.
    christina2152 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 12:19 AM
    I have the same RASH! Did you ever find out what it was? Mine was here for about a week then left and now its back! It itches so bad! I was thinking that I am allergic to cats. Both times I got the rash the cat was around me. My mom said that because the cat has long hair and if it isn't clean it may be triggering it. I think she may be right! If you know what caused it please reply to this so I may know.
    mandykay Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jun 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
    You have scabies , look up on the net , an look at the rash , I am sure that's it , it is a mite and it itches at night , you probably picked it up at the gym , they borrow under the skin they don't itch all the time it comes in waves and is worst at night , look it up go to the doc, and tell him to take a scraping but give you the cream and pills for itching and you will be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy skin, then red bump like rash [ 2 Answers ]

For a few weeks now, I've been itching extremely bad all over my body. Usually my thighs worst of all. I assumed I was gaining weight and it was just because my skin was stretching(I'm noticing more stretch marks than before). Now all of the sudden everywhere it itches(worse than before!) As soon...

Tiny itchy red bumps that dry up in a day or two [ 2 Answers ]

I have tiny red itchy bumps that pop up on my ankles, legs, back, stomach and pretty much that's it. They come up individually and also in clusters at times. They pop up suddenly, itch more at times than at other times and then dry up within a day or two. The bumps are about the size of a head of...

Itchy skin rash [ 5 Answers ]

I seem to have what this person has, minus the spider bite: red, itchy bumps all over upper arms and legs, as well as a splotchy rash around my neckline that burns like crazy. Thoughts as to what it could be? Help... I'm scaring myself that it's shingles or something. Newsbunny For a few...

Itchy little dog [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old male daschund who is the itchiest little critter I've ever met. He seems to have a hotspot on is neck: any slight touch sends him off thumping. I often see him dragging his neck across the rug or furniture when no one is able to pet or scratch him. It then went from there. Now,...

View more questions Search