Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amir19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 02:23 AM
    1 year outside of usa and I'm a green card holder
    Lets say, I went to Philippines last year July, 2009 and went back to US on September, 2009 , But I Decided to go back to Philippines on October, 2009, and thinking to stay here for 6 months and will be going back there on April 2010... Is that possible?? Would they ask me anything when I get back to US?? Will I be in trouble??
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 21, 2010, 04:09 AM

If you want to be out of US longer than 6 months, file re-entry permit (I-131) and wait for approval before you leave.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Feb 21, 2010, 06:15 AM

I agree with L. and be sure to maintain all ties to the US. File your taxes, maintain address, drivers license, bank accounts, credit cards, insurance. Have these with you when you re-enter the US.

Good luck.
    Sidsr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 08:35 PM
    My daughter is a green card holder. Currently in India. Has been gone for almost 10 months. Due to health reasons she can't comeback until next year. What does she have to do to come back? What forms are to be filed? Where? And when?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 7, 2013, 08:23 PM
    Sidsr, you should post this as a question and not in a thread as a response.

But to answer your question--she should return to the US and be prepared to show to he BP inspections officer the reason she could not return. Itn this case it will be a doctors letter or other medical records indicating that she cannot travel or has been under treatment and has been advised not to travel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1 visa person marrying green card holder - [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I am new to forum and not sure where to post this question. I hope I am in right category. I am posting on behalf of my cousin who came here on H1 visa to work for a relative who sponsor him. He is been here for past 10 months and found a girl and they want to get married. She is greencard...

Canadian with green card move to USA [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my family have green card since 1 1/2 years/. According to law we should move in two years after getting Green card. In between we moved to New york, and had a Job for a while. We also file the tax return for that year. Because of recession, we couldn't able to sell our house in Canada and...

Can USA GC holder can go back after 7 month to usa from his native place [ 1 Answers ]

I am having Green card and due to medical reason I am in india since 7 month . Can I go bak if yes, will they create any problem to us. Secondly if I surrender my GC is it compulsory for them to give m visitor visa if I apply here in my native place

USA green card [ 4 Answers ]

Could somebody tell me what to do we want to immagrate to the USA my husband is working already there and me and my children want to go also

View more questions Search