Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammy24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 09:24 PM
    My health
    Is hydroquinone good for women and what r the side feects for Corticosteroid? Please answer me!:confused:
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 25, 2006, 09:43 PM
    Hi Tammy,
    Here is some good information on corticosteroids:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...di/202018.html

As for the hydroquinone -- is it a topical (skin) application, or internal use of herbs such as uva ursi or pippsissewa?
    Here is some info on topical applications:

http://www.drugs.com/MTM/hydroquinone_topical.html

If you are taking herbs containing arbutin (hydroquinone) to treat a UTI, they are considered generally safe in moderate dosages for shorter periods, though should generally be used no more than roughly twice a year.
    I'm not sure what the interaction, if any, between these two compounds would be, but if taking them together, I would be careful and consult a physician, as both may put a bit of an added burden on the liver when taken internally.
    Hope this is of some help. Take care. :)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tammy24
    Is hydroquinone good for women and what r the side feects for Corticosteroid? Please answer me!:confused:
    Hydroquinone is a organic compound, used both in photographic developers, and in human medicine. In human medicine it is used basically as a topical, to reduce skin color. It is banned in France and other countries because they believe it can cause an increase in the risk of cancer. Yet the U.S. EPA says it hasn't undergone a complete evaluation (under US EPA, IRIS Program) for evidence of human carcinogenic potiential as of 9/02. In this study they did not identify any critical new studies. I would check with your physician first.

Corticosteroids, Oral corticosteroids are used to reduce inflammation in the body. If your using them short term, the side effect can be; bigger appetite, weight gain, upset stomach, headache, mood change, trouble in sleeping, upswing in blood pressure and blood sugar. ---- Long Term usage; causes could be a weaking in immune system, elevation in cholestrol levels, weight gain, brittle bones, fat deposits on face and back, thinning of skin and cataracts. Just a little info, hope it helps
    :cool:

****The above information is intended to supplement, not substitute for the expertise of your physician. It is not construed to indicate that the products use is safe or effectivefor you. Please seek advise from your physician.*****

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health [ 3 Answers ]

Question: Is it possible to get HIV/AIDs through saliva? Why or why not?

Health [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have any advice on preventing dark under eye circles??

Health [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with HPV last year. I am really concerned that I might have vaginal cancer. I show all signs of having this type of cancer, but I don't know. I am experiencing other symptoms as well, such as my hair is coming out every time I brush my hair. Sometimes I am full of enegy and at other...

Business and health [ 1 Answers ]

I've started my own business and I'm wondering how it will do. Where will it go? What avenues should I take in my business venture? With my good intentions, will I find success? Also, I'm wondering about my health. I had a slight panic attack earlier because I saw something on the news and...

View more questions Search