Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    messina47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
    Lennox thermostat 36g7101 replaced by Lux TX1500E
    I am replacing a Lennox 36g7101 with the LUX TX1500E digital programmable thermostat.

The Lennox wires are as such:

R - Grey Wire
    V - Blue Wire
    F - Green Wire
    M - Red Wire
    Y - White Wire

These wires don't match up with the wiring schematic for the LUX.

The letters on the LUX are: G, RH, RC, Y, W, O, B, C

It is a heating and cooling system, electric heat pump.

Thank You.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 06:03 AM
    I used to work at a store that sells the LUX brand thermostats and it had wiring diagrams in the package with all different color possibilities. Did you buy this thermostat new? There should be very detailed instructions with it.

You might even try the technical support here http://www.luxproducts.com/thermostats/tx1500e.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a Lennox Thermostat with a Lux Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older analog Lennox thermostat and am replacing with a Lux ATX500 thermostat. The Lennox thermostat connections do not match those on the Lux. The Lennox is a 6 wire connection with terminals: F, V, R, X, Y, M The Lux has terminals: G, Y, W, RH, RC The Lux instructions are very...

Lux ultra 1000 thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Lux Ultra 1000 Thermostat, I think that the room temperature it shows is off. It will read 68, but a second thermometer (placed a few inches below it) reads 64. Is there anyway to calibrate the unit, or should I just get a new one?

Replaced lennox t-90 t-stat w/ hunter just right -still not fixed [ 1 Answers ]

Original problem was my blower was kicking on for about 10 seconds without the furnace lighting up and sending heat with the blower then it would cut off about 10-20 minutes later the furnace and blower would run its normal heating. Changed the lennox for a hunter just right digital and had some...

Lennox A/C 10AC30-3P Evaporator replaced, Problems still. Bad installation? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Lennox air conditioner that has had a leak the previous 2 years. It is a 10AC30-3P, installed new in a new home in 1994. Had no trouble till 3 years ago. The 1st year, the serviceman said a coolant leak was from a loose nut on the outside unit and it was tighten by the serviceman and...

View more questions Search